Answered

Beam adapter

• 18 July 2018
  • 5 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies
Are all TV's capable of being connected using the optical audio adapter for the Beam
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 18 July 2018, 03:51

Well, under the assumption that they have an optical port, yes. For ideal use, you'd want the TV to be able to put out a Dolby Digital signal, either passed through from the source, or directly from the TV.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Well, under the assumption that they have an optical port, yes. For ideal use, you'd want the TV to be able to put out a Dolby Digital signal, either passed through from the source, or directly from the TV.
OK, then my question would be, do all TV's have an optical port?
Ah, no, they don't. I would think all new ones do, but is there a particular model that you want to check out? Have you googled the manufacturer's website, to see? All of their websites should have some sort of technical specs that indicate what connections are available for any particular TV.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Not all TVs will have an optical port. Most major brand TVs manufactured in the past 5+ years likely have them, but some smaller or off-brand TVs may not... and even some older major brand TVs may not too, especially those in smaller sizes.
Thanks for all the help, that answers my question!