Answered

Audio Fidelity Question

• 24 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Heading to a boys cottage weekend and have a choice of what to bring for stereo music setup.

cottage has wifi  

speakers will be placed inside in a large open room  

1.  Pair of Play 5 Gen 2s stereo paired
  2. pair of Sonance by Sonos outdoor speakers powered by a Sonos Amp (newer one)

which one should I bring to maximize sonic characteristics?

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 24 August 2022, 22:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I would bring the Fives.

If you had Moves, I would bring those as #1 option since they will auto trueplay tune and can be brought in and out as needed over the weekend.

Badge +2

I actually have one Move but not two for stereo pair. 

Good to know a pair of 5s trumps the amp and sonance speakers

‘Trumps’, I would suppose depends on what you’re optimizing for. I’d certainly agree with Danny that I’d bring the Fives, although that may be an ease of carrying/use issue, more than a one sounds better than the other. 

There is  still the issue of adding them / setting them up on the WiFi at the new location. Assuming you haven’t before. 

‘Trumps’, I would suppose depends on what you’re optimizing for. I’d certainly agree with Danny that I’d bring the Fives, although that may be an ease of carrying/use issue, more than a one sounds better than the other. 

There is  still the issue of adding them / setting them up on the WiFi at the new location. Assuming you haven’t before. 

Yea, I didn’t elaborate on why I would pick the 5s, but is mostly because they should be easier to setup, and can trueplay tune when you get there.  With the amp, you’re going to have to contend with the speakr wires, outdoor speakers aren’t built to sit on shelf really, no trueplay, etc.  It may very well be that the amp sounds better for that space, or there isn’t much difference.

Since you have a Move, I would just bring that too to use on the back patio or something.  Since you’re leaving the ladies home, should have plenty of spare space in the trunk.  😁

Badge +2

The 5s + move it is!