At my wits end with Roam

• 24 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Initially there was the software issue on BT Halo, re: 5ghz/2.4ghz connection. Now, and worse recently, connecting to it using Airplay 2 (from 3 iPads, an iMac M1 and 2x iPhones) is a nightmare! Even the Sonos S2 app takes ages to find it, tries to ‘fix it’ and stumbles along. Even when it’s next to the router. I originally planned to buy two for stereo (the internet evidently says not yet on this one) & hoped that Sonos would improve it’s functionality with Beam to provide surround option like its other products. All software is up to date. But at the moment I can only successfully use it at our house in Spain as a patio speaker! And a very expensive one. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge +17

Hi @KeithFM,

That doesn’t sound right. As long as your Roam is able to connect to the same network as your iOS devices you should have no issue in starting an Airplay stream.

I suggest submitting a diagnostic after one of these events, recording the number, and getting in touch with our customer care team for investigation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Oh great, another BT router that doesn’t work correctly. I thought the T in BT stood for Telecom, but I guess it is Troublesome.