Question

App keeps losing system

• 3 September 2020
  • 4 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

I downloaded s2 around the same time as getting a Deco mesh WiFi. ever since I’ve had real problems connecting to Sonos. it keeps saying can’t find sonos. when I plug into Deco it works (sometimes, not always), I have to turn off/on ever speaker multiple times before it is found. then next day it’s “lost” again. any ideas?

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi @mhjf.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Since you mentioned it works sometimes when your speaker is plug into the mesh.

You need to set up the speaker wirelessly Go to Settings » System » Network » Wireless Setup.

Here are router settings that need to be verified as well.

a. Auto channel must be set to Off

b. Choose best non-overlapping channel (1,6,11)

c. Set channel bandwidth to 20MHz

d. Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz should be enabled

e. 802.11 band should be set to b/g/n

f. Airtime Fairness should be disabled

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

TBH, I can’t find c, e or f in the settings you mention above in my router settings/app that controls my router, even under advanced settings. The rest are ok. 

Anyway, it’s now permanently plugged into my router. it worked ok for a few days and now won’t connect at all again. 

The speakers are online (my router tells me), but neither S2 nor S1 app can find them. I’ve reset the apps, I’ve turned on and off the speakers, I’ve pressed the infinity button - all numerous times. 

this is getting beyond a joke, I’m truly fed up with Sonos now. 

also, I have had lots of issues with Sonos not understanding my Alexa controls. It won’t accept “stop”, won’t play more than one song from a playlist or station, won’t skip. These issues don’t happen on my echo dot signed into the same Alexa app & account. Amazon point the finger at Sonos. 

can you help, or should I just trash my (very expensive) Sonos systems?

I have since resolved the issues with poor performance of Alexa using the support article below. Basically delink Sonos and Alexa everywhere you can - on the Sonos App, on Alexa App, on Amazon website, restart everything from scratch and it seems to have worked.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3516?language=en_US 

Thankfully my Sonos 2 App is connecting to the system today, which you need in order to fix the Alexa issue. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi @mhjf.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community and providing the article you used to resolve your issue.

Sonos still doing its best to improve all the products and be more user friendly.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.