Answered

Amp - volume on multiple speakers

• 19 November 2018
  • 3 replies

I’d like to use the new Amp to setup speaks outdoors as well as in an entry area. Is there a away I can set them up and control the volume for each with one unit? For that price, I don’t want to buy an amp for each set of speakers and my outside volume will need to be much louder than the small inside area
icon

Best answer by jgatie 19 November 2018, 18:51

No. Like the Connect:Amp, it is two channels and can power up to 4 speakers, but the source and volume to those 4 speakers is the same. You could wire in a wall mount volume control, if you need to separately control the volume.
View original

3 replies

No. Like the Connect:Amp, it is two channels and can power up to 4 speakers, but the source and volume to those 4 speakers is the same. You could wire in a wall mount volume control, if you need to separately control the volume.
Bummer - ok, I’ve done it before with my old stereo where I put one set of speakers into a wall mounted knob so I could lower the volume in one set. I was just hoping there was an easier option — thank you!
Any recommendations for a make / model of in wall volume control to use with a Sonos amp please ?