Amazon HD

• 21 November 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hi there! I have just simple question , I’ve hired Amazon HD and i live in Spain, is it possible to listen with ultra HD quality through SONOS app? 

thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

If by “ultra HD” you mean so-called ‘hi res’ content at greater than 16-bit depth or 48kHz sampling rate, then no. Sonos supports Amazon Music at CD quality.

Badge

Thanks for your quick answer, so  i understand that if i play an ultra HD song in sonos device without sonos app i get ultra Hd quality?

You mean using direct casting to Sonos from the Amazon app? That isn’t in ‘ultra HD’ quality either.

Badge

So there is no way to listen HD music in Sonos, therefore my subscription with Amazon HD is nosense..?

Thanks for your help!!!

Not at all. Amazon HD delivers CD quality lossless music on Sonos. What Sonos doesn’t do is play the ‘ultra HD’ quality content, i.e. at higher data rates than CD. (You wouldn’t be able to tell the difference, but that’s for another discussion.)

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3248

Badge

Now Crystal clear!! Thanks Ratty!!