Answered

Am I supposed to be seeing Multichannel PCM 7.1?

• 6 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge
  • Contributor I
  • 0 replies

Hi guys,

I’ve spent a few hours trudging around forums trying to find an answer to this, but coming up short so figured I might ask the community about my specific situation.

I recently bought an LG OLED C1 77”, with a Sonos Arc soundbar and a Panasonic UB-820 4k Blu-Ray player. I have the 4k player connected to the tv via HDMI, and then the tv outputting to the soundbar via HDMI eArc. I believe that is the right setup? Please correct me if it’s wrong.

Played my first movie last night, sound was coming through just fine, but I noticed in the sonos app on my phone that it was saying Multichannel PCM 7.1 Is it supposed to be saying Dolby Atmos instead? As far as I’m aware, I thought that was the goal. I believe all the equipment supports it. And I was playing a 4k UHD disc that states Dolby Atmos too.

Just a tad confused as to what I’m supposed to be seeing. Still new to all this, and don’t want to missing out on anything.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 6 June 2022, 01:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Perhaps see this earlier thread on that Blu-ray player with some LG TV’s