Alphabetical Sorting of Songs in Sonos Playlists

Show first post

30 replies

Giorgio48 wrote:

Sonos does not currently have, as a regular operating feature, the ability to sort songs in a Playlist alphabetically and then return to the original sort order. In my opinion, this would be extremely valuable for the following reason: if one likes a particular type of music, e.g., 50's Doo Wop, and creates a playlist with multiple albums that are collections of Doo Wop songs, there is a problem - numerous duplication of songs. If one could sort the collected songs alphabetically, it would be a simple matter to go through and weed out all the duplicate songs. The same problem of duplication exists if one is creating a Playlist for a particular artist which includes both studio albums (which are ordinarily not duplicative) and collections for that artist drawn from various studio albums or live performance albums. With alphabetical sorting one could easily eliminate the duplication of songs.

I have contacted Sonos requesting that this feature be made available. If you agree that this would be worthwhile, please contact Sonos' Technical Support department and let them know that you would also support having such a feature available as a regular part of the Sonos operating system.

Alphabetical order in the Playlists has to happen...this is a no-brainer! Sonos, this is extremely annoying. Please resolve ASAP. Alphabetical Playlists would be soo simple and yet provide a ton of value!
The lack of sorting the queue drove us nuts during Christmas. Wife kept asking "why does the "darn" sound system keep repeating songs?" Why is this still an issue? I combine playlists from Amazon Prime to play throughout the day, usually 100-200 songs, and always fight the duplicate entry issue. Sorting by name, at least, would be a huge help. Writing a sorting routine isn't difficult. Please make this a priority.
PLEASE ADD ALPHA-SORTING PLAYLISTS capability!!

An unsorted playlist that is more than a few entries long is very difficult to work with. Id also want to see the alpha index on the right side so you can jump to a specific letter.

This feature/behavior is present on all the other views - "Songs", "Artists", "Albums", etc., under both "Music Library" and "On This iPhone".

Both sources suffer from the same shortcoming with respect to PLAYLISTS only.

Please apply the behavior of "Songs", "Artists" etc. to the "Playlist" category as well.
also....based on another thread I tried copying my source playlist to a Sonos playlist but discovered that a Sonos playlist also lacks alpha-sort and indexing capability.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings