AirSonic Support?

I have an AirSonic server for my local media. I was reading that supposedly you can use AirSonic thru the Sonos speakers? That it can be setup as a streaming source? Anyone know about this? How it works? How it's setup? Which app do you use to play the music when it's hooked up?

Should also ask if not, are there other local streaming solutions that you are familiar with that do integrate with Sonos?

Note my eventual end game, if it ever works, is to be able to ask Alexa to play something and have it play on the speakers from my local library.

Thanks.

JR

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18
Hi, jriker1. I am not familiar with that product, though in the context of your query it should not matter. The reason being, playback of material stored locally (music library) is not currently possible via Alexa. We hope to integrate it in the future, though we do not have a time-frame to provide. Do let us know if you have any further questions. Many thanks.
Only other thing I will say is I have seen people asking for this for a long time and the same response. Technically for the ONE, all you need to do is fully implement Alexa capabilities and we could use some of the existing Alexa skills to do it but because Alexa isn't fully implemented we can't even do that.

Thanks.

JR
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
There are third party Alexa Skills that let you play your local library on your Sonos speakers.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings