Advice on open plan living/dining room setup.

• 11 August 2018
  • 0 replies

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies
Hello

I have a completely open plan living and dining room, both rooms are standard rectangles and identical in size.

Currently I have a 3.1 setup in the living room with the TV plugged into a Playbar and two Play 1's on the wall behind the sofa.

In the dining room I have a turntable plugged into two Play 5's that are currently setup as a stereo pair.

When I listen to LPs on my turntable, which is often, I prefer to sit in the living room in various locations/chairs, and although the two Play 5's sound fantastic, they sound like they are in another room, because, well, they are. I would like to achieve a more immersive sound that sounds identical no matter how people move around and inbetween the two rooms.

I can achieve this by grouping the two rooms in the app and then the sound fills both rooms nicely, but it forgets that grouping every time I turn the turntable off and on again (same with the TV). With the rooms being open plan I never have a need to play separate audio in each room, the TV is either on OR the turntable, never both at once. So my question is, can I somehow permanently link the 3.1 setup to the two Play 5's into a single room called "Downstairs" so when the TV or turntable is switched on they automatically play from every available speaker in both rooms?

Also, I would very much like to add a Sub to this setup in the future. Can that sub be used seamlessly for both the turntable and the TV without too much hassle?

Thank you!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.