Answered

adding Sub (Gen 3) to One SL pair

• 13 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hello

I was checking SONOS S2 app options on how to add Sub to One SL pair already setup in my room. I found following link  https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4805?language=en_US

I’m not getting option as mentioned in step#4 of above link.

Any idea what may be the reason? I’m yet to purchase SONOS Sub, but doing research on adding Sub to pair of One SL .

--------------------------------------------

Add a Sub

1. Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
  2. From the  Settings tab, tap System.
  3. Under Products, tap the room you would like to add your Sub to.
  4. Tap Add Sub.
  5. Follow the prompts to add the Sub to your Sonos system.

------------------------------------------------

Thanks 

Koustav Biswas

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 13 October 2021, 17:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

You have no Sub as yet, hence there’s no Sub to add, hence there’s no “Add Sub” option...

The Sub, when installed, will introduce new (available) options in the Sonos App when it’s setup. However probably the easiest thing to do, is to add it to your chosen Sonos ‘room’ during its setup.

When a user removes the Sub from a ‘room’ they are invited to attach it to another ‘room’ (if available), or you can leave it floating and unattached and then later select it in the System tab and attach it to a Sonos Room.

NB: Some ‘rooms’ do not support the Sub, such as a Sonos Port, or Connect, but when purchased, you will be fine adding the Sub to the pair of Sonos One SL’s.

Badge +2

Thanks Ratty and Ken for your quick response. 

Badge +2

Thanks for all the replies. I purchased Sonos Sub and setting it up was a breeze using Sonos app.