Answered

A second amp from the RCA output of the first.

I have an AudioSource AMP100VS connected to a Sonos CONNECT to drive my outdoor speakers. I want to add and outdoor sub and was thing of getting another AudioSource AMP100VS to drive the sub. The AudioSource AMP100VS would connect to the RCA output jacks of the 1st amp. Would this wrk or would there be too much of a delay?

Thansk
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 4 July 2018, 00:47

No worries on the typing, we all make mistakes :)

How do you have the original AudioSource AMP100VS connected to your CONNECT? Obviously not via the RCA, otherwise you wouldn't be able to add the second.

But no, I wouldn't think there would be any delay between whatever output you're currently using and the RCA output. The delay that needs to be considered is when getting sound "in" to the CONNECT.

Or am I misunderstanding what you mean by "the 1st amp"?
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Just read my post and I apologize for the lousy typing.
No worries on the typing, we all make mistakes :)

How do you have the original AudioSource AMP100VS connected to your CONNECT? Obviously not via the RCA, otherwise you wouldn't be able to add the second.

But no, I wouldn't think there would be any delay between whatever output you're currently using and the RCA output. The delay that needs to be considered is when getting sound "in" to the CONNECT.

Or am I misunderstanding what you mean by "the 1st amp"?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
You might consider a Y cable if using the RCA outputs of the Sonos or an optical splitter if using the TOS output.
Thanks for the replies. My CONNECT is wirelessly tied to the SONOS network. The RCA outputs are connected to the amp's RCA inputs. I was then planning on the RCA outputs of the amp going to the RCA inputs of the 2nd amp, but I like the suggestion to use Y cables to go from the CONNECT directly to both amps - sometimes our minds skip right pass the most obvious answers . Thanks again.