Answered

2 subs

• 28 August 2018
  • 2 replies

Hello i have a set up already i have playbase, 4 play1s and a woofer can i add another woofer to my setup? And also do i need bridge
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 28 August 2018, 16:27

Only one SUB can be connected to any one "room" in the Sonos software. So, if you've got a 5.1 setup already, you can't add a second SUB to that room, but since you have 4 PLAY:1s, you must have a second room of a pair of them, so you could add a SUB to that room.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Only one SUB can be connected to any one "room" in the Sonos software. So, if you've got a 5.1 setup already, you can't add a second SUB to that room, but since you have 4 PLAY:1s, you must have a second room of a pair of them, so you could add a SUB to that room.
The PlayBase can be bonded with just two of the Play:1’s and a sub for 5.1 TV surround sound and stereo music playback.

From a music perspective only, you could create a stereo pair with the other Play:1’s and add a sub to their sonos room, but this would be a different Sonos Room to your Bonded PlayBase setup, albeit you could obviously place them all in the same physical room in your premises. You could also group the two 'Sonos Rooms' together to play your music in sync.

Note however there maybe a slight audio lag (echo) between the two Sonos Rooms, when it comes to playing the TV audio to all speakers.