Welcome to Setting up Sonos

Anything and everything about setting up your Sonos system.

10367 Topics

Adding Connect and Wireless Speakers to Wired AVR Setup
Question

I've currently have an Onkyo TX-NR646 7.2 wired for 5.1.2 Atmos in the living room. Inputs include AppleTV, Satellite, a turntable, and gaming console. System works great. We are currently in the midd...

Beam plus 2 play 1s
Answered

Hi, I now have a Beam plus 2 play 1s for a 5.0 set up in the living room, however the plan was also to use the 2 play 1s as a stereo pair when listening to music through Spotify. Having set it up as a...

Connection Error". Can't connect to Google Play Music or Amazon Prime Music accounts

Same issue that was posted 7 months ago from another user. Need a solution! I cant play my music!

Play 5 not recognised on floor 2.
Question

Hi, I run a boost on my internet provider's router. Via this I connected a home theatre playbar, sub and 2 play 1's downstairs. Upstairs I can't seem to get the Play 5 connected. I have a separate net...

iTunes playlist importing issues
Answered

Hi - I used to have my iTunes playlist in the imported playlist folder. Noticed as I updated playlist or added new ones it would not update in the Sonos controller. I deleted my Sonos music library...

Windows 10 sonos controller update

Now that I have updated the Sonos controller on my laptop, all it says is 'Open the Sonos app on a mobile device to set up the system'.

Unable to connect Boost to new Wifi Network
Answered

Hello, I changed out my Orbi mesh router for a Linksys mesh router. I am trying to re-connect my old system to the new wifi network. I have done what the video has said regarding switching networks...

Sonos and UBNT Unifi don't seem to get along...
Question

Hi, I have 2 Unifi set up as Mesh, I am in a tinyhouse in the back of the house where the gateway is along a Mesh Pro. Both houses are 100 feet appart and I have very good wiofi connection. I have 5 S...

Using Connect to set up BOSE "Lifestyle T20" as a Room?

Hi All I'm having trouble setting up my existing surround sound system using my Sonos Connect. The Connect is ethernet cabled to my router and I have three other Connect-Amp's and a Play:3, two of th...

Setup with new TV
Question

We purchased a new Samsung TV and we can get the Playbar to work but not the sub woofer or Play 1 Speakers

Line-IN Cuts Out - Improve with Ethernet vs. Wireless?

I have a receiver that runs my turntable and CD player connected to a CONNECT so that I can run the "line-in" around the house, on two CONNECT:AMPs, a PLAY5, and a SOUNDBAR. The "line-in" cuts out qui...

Sort Albums by Artist
Question

When I want to browser my Spotify albums from the Sonos app I don't see a way to sort the albums by Artist. It appears to be in the order they were added to Spotify. Am I missing something?

Sonos update renders by bridge down
Answered

Updated my Sonos and took my bridge down. cannot get to work. Also my alarms default to sonos chime and don't hook up to stations.

App with Sonos connected to ethernet
Question

I have my sonos connect wired via ethernet. It used to be on WIFI but we moved the sonos closer to the router so now its plugged into the router, however I get a lag with the app. I also have not tu...

Using Sonos outside of my home
Question

Apologies for asking question that has been asked several times before but I cannot easily find the answer - I have been asked to take 2 of my play 5 speakers to a party on Saturday using mainly my S...

Room Settings
Question

I moved my sonos speakers around and room settings is no longer present in the app. How do I change the name of the room.

Play Bar setup fails again and again!
Question

Purchased a new Play Bar....Setup is horrific! Unit fails to configure and connect to home WiFi. With over 34 home automation devices successfully connecting to my Ubiquiti AP’s and Controller on WEP2...

Setting up
Question

I have a play bar, 2 front play one front speakers and a Sub. I bought 2 more play one speakers with intention of using these as back surround speakers a total of 4 play one speakers with the play bar...

Can't connect Playbar after reset and wifi update

2128510801 Diagnostics Confirmation Number. After many re-attempts including reset and connecting directly to ethernet; I can't connect my Playbar back to my network. The SSID is the same, but we ch...

Can I mount the sub on the wall?

I have just bought the playbar and the sub and was hoping to be able to mount the sub on a shelf on the wall away from the little uns. It seems that may not be possible. Does anyone have any idea...

The New Amp Setup
Answered

I have a pair of B&W dm 683 that I don’t want to sell and atm they are powered by a Denon receiver with 105w per channel. The new Sonos Amp should be better for the soeakers with 125w per channel. T...

Setting up wireless Sonos through WAP

Hi, I have recently bought a Sonos 5, and have set this up so that in the room where my router is and I am therefore able to control my Sonos 5 through Wifi. The trouble is that I want to be able to...

Volume Normalization Supported?

Can anyone tell me if volume normalization is supported for the sonosplay:5? Support gave a strange answer...: This a question I dropped at support: ---------------------- "My music collection uses...

New home set up soon
Question

Would like to set up the following with fewest wires and preferably under $1k. Apple TV (own), mini projector (preferred)/tv (if easier), turntable, sonos (play1 x2, connect, soundbar?)? What is act...

Wired Router

I love the sound of my Play 5s (1st Generation). For the past several years I've been plagued with dropouts. I'd like to be able to listen to songs from start to finish for several hours without missh...

Badges

• Badge
    Bubblehead earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    Nicool earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    Bandy earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    markbr earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    arianf earned the badge Meet and greet
View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings