Welcome to Setting up Sonos

Anything and everything about setting up your Sonos system.

9864 Topics

Sonos Beam - Voice Clarity
Question

On Sonos Beam, how do you turn on voice clarity?

"Unable to add the shared folder //marcmacmini/itunesmusic to your music library (1002)"
Question

I recently did a factory reset on my MacMini which holds my music library. The music library is all there, but Sonos refuses to add the shared folder. I have reviewed all troubleshooting guides (run...

Mr.
Question

Sonos Desktop App Installation

Mobile Hotspot and Ethernet Cable
Answered

HI every 1 , now i want to connect my Sonos ( play 1 ) to my laptop using my mobile personal Hotspot network, how can i do such a thing without Ethernet cable ?

New router
Answered

I’ve just replaced my router. Plugged a play one into it with Ethernet lead but get “wireless problem” message and won’t connect?

Beam doen't work with AppleTV HDMI
Question

Hello, I've just received my Sonos Beam, but when I want to set it up with my AppleTV (4th gen) it didn't find any signal (when it look at ARC). My Apple TV is actually connected to an HDMI switcher/...

Sonos, Powerline Extenders, Boost and BT
Answered

In my pre Sonos days, I had a BT HomeHub 3 router. I added Powerline adaptors, and WiFi worked well. I then got a Playbase, and in a separate room, a Play:1. All working over WiFi. Sonos worked ok,...

Fully setup account first time today
Question

Owned the system for over seven years and never once have I been forced into creating an account or face not being able to use the product, of which was already been paid for. If I was notified at the...

Connection problem with Beam and Samsung over HDMI-arc
Question

Evening, I have no luck in connecting my new Sonos beam with my Samsung Q7F smart tv, hdmi-ARc plugged in both ends, HDMI-cec turned on on the Samsung, but the Sonos app cannot connect with the tv. B...

Latest update requires a Sonos account? Please knock it off.

I don't want a Sonos account. I have enough accounts out there already. I paid a lot of money for the hub and speakers and now my usage is being held hostage to Sonos' desire for that fat data harvest...

Old turntable and Panasonic HT400
Answered

Can you use the old turntable (Technics) to connect to my Sonos sounds system in our Media Room thru our Panasonic HT 400 amp. Will the Sonios Connect product do the trick and what are the connections...

CONNECT to Rockit 5 (cable help needed)
Question

I’m embarrassed to admit that I don’t know what gets plugged in where. I got two cables with my connect. They are different. One works for one of my speakers and I get sound. The other cable doesn’t w...

Toshiba HDMI-CEC cable input control
Question

Can the Sonos Beam use the Toshiba HDMI-CEC cable input control? If so, how? Thx

Sonos Account: No way!

Hello, as a long time customer from Germany with 7 components and many recommendations to friends and family I want to inform you, that I will not create an Sonsos account. I read some postings here a...

Now that Sonos require an account why not just just use wireless without Sonos?

Now that Sonos are forcing us to have an account why wouldn’t I just scrap their system and move to wireless speakers that don’t need their account?

New Requirement for Login to setup Player is not acceptable!!!

I often have limited to no internet access which is why we decided on Sonos in the first place - we can use it as a standalone system without having to "online". Recently the controller software has...

Room Assignment problems
Question

My Devices are as follows: 2 x Play1's (set as stero pair) 1 x Sub 1 x Connect:AMP with two speakers connected to it. In addition I have a newly acquired Echo Dot which I'm trying to setup for voice...

2 accounts
Question

I somehow made 2 accounts, how do delete 1. Thanks

Airplay 2 won't work on Play5 Gen2
Answered

I cannot get my Sonos system to play YouTube or any other audio product via Airplay2. I have updated the software and speakers and when I go to the normal place to send to my Apple TV and Bluetooth de...

Speakers have Green, White, Black, and Red? What to attach to AMP Connect?

Need an assist! Convinced friend to buy AMP Connect and attach to ceiling speakers and TV. Speakers have 4 color wires. Am I only connecting RED/BLACK to AMP Connect? Assuming speakers need to be atta...

Beam setting up with Receiver
Question

I received the Beam today and I am trying to it up. I haven't been able to connect any input source through HDMI. I have an HDMI ARC out on my onkyo receiver, and I also tried connecting my TV directl...

cannot setup surround speakers
Question

Just received my 5.1 system: PLAYBASE + SUB G1 US (Black) + 2 Sonos One US (Black). Setting up the base and sub went OK (using ethernet cable for base), but the Android Sonos app shows a graphic for t...

Changed wifi and doesn't recognize my email address even though I know it's right
Question

So frustrating. Tried creating a new account with a different email address and then it just went back to the old one

Adding Play:1 fails at last step every time - "Not connected" iOS app screen

Trying to add a Play:1 to an existing (and working) system. I go thru the iOS app set up. The system sees the correct Play:1 (Serial # is displayed), but upon trying to do a final connect it ALWAYS fa...

Sonos unable to add the music folder.....
Question

Sonos unable to add the music folder, the computer cannot be found ??? Im using a macbook air. My system is connected and working from my iPhone. Ive factory reset both the bridge and play 3 and reco...

Badges

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings