Welcome to Setting up Sonos

Anything and everything about setting up your Sonos system. How do you Trueplay your Sonos system? Wondering if you should use a cabled setup versus a wireless Sonos setup? This is the place to get answers.

11068 Topics

Tips for new Sonos owners

Setting up Sonos for the first time? Here are some tips to get you started. 1. Download the Sonos app. You’ll need the app to set up and use your new Sonos system. 2. Set up your Sonos system....

Sonos on Public Wifi
Question

I'm a college student who is trying to connect his SONOS Play:1 to the campus wide wifi. It used to be connected to a home router, but once I came to college I realized the issue of public wifi. Rec...

Is There Any Reason To...

...say wire a connect to a boost or a connect to a Play 3 via the ethernet ports? Does it make any difference in stability? I have the same connection and skipping issues everyone else has, I've tri...

How do you group sonos systems for an alarm
Answered

The alarm setup has 'Include Grouped Rooms' however how do you create such a group using the App? Have three PLAY 1's in three different rooms and would like two have two of these rooms grouped for an...

Using Amp with normal line in source (RCA jacks from a CD player)
Question

My new AMP is all set up and working for streaming to the connected speakers. I used my Spotify service and was able to stream music to the connected speakers. Great! Next I ran a normal RCA cable f...

What would you do?
Question

I just moved and have a collection so to speak of Sonos and Bose products I'm trying to bring together. Not sure what to do with some of my Sonos components. I have 3 x connect amps and 1 connect not...

New modem crashes when I hardwire my Sonos connect

Hi all I just bought a D Link Python modem/router and went to link my 4 sonos connects to the wifi. Every time I follow the directions and plug the cat cable into the LAN, the internet connection is...

Echoing for TV?
Question

I have my tv setup with a Beam. I also have two play 1’s in my living room behind each side of the couch. When watching tv, if I group them all, there is some significant echoing and I am forced to...

Airplay support on Play:1 speakers

I purchased Play:1 speakers and Sub because Sonos announced they will add support for Airplay 2 via a future software update. This was my way of somewhat future proofing my setup. Now, my iOS Sonos...

Connect AMP as surround
Question

I am trying to setup a connect AMP for surround speakers with my playbar. Here is what I have done: * Connected an ethernet cable from my router to my playbar * Connected an ethernet cable my playba...

Beam work w Roku volume?
Question

Will use HDMI STB port. Can I use the Roku remote to control BOTH the TV on/off and Beam on/off and volume? All on just the Roku remote. Thanks!

Inherited a sonos system.
Question

Hey everyone, Just trying to make sense of what I have here and how it should be configured. Long story short my girlfriends aunt passed and left her her house. In the house there are 3 rooms that ha...

Connect Vizio tv to playbar without optical cable

Just bought a new Vizio P series. Didn't know it didnt come with an optical output. How is the easiest way to connect to my playbar?

Beam HDMI and DreamScreen setup
Question

What's the best way to set up the HDMI path between SONOS Beam, sources, monitor and DreamScreen LED backlights? Trying to gain as much functionality with voice control of all HDMI sources, like cable...

Analog to Digital adapter
Question

Say my Television does not have Optical & HDMI ARC. I believe a solution will be using an Analog to Digital adapter. Assuming I'm able to get a Beam playing from the Tv, will there be any audio delay...

Playbar as 'center' possible?

I'd like a Playbar as center, my Connect/regular speakers as front speakers and a pair of Play:3 as rear speakers. Is this a possible setup or can you just pair a Playbar with Play:3 as a home theater...

Help! This is the worst!

I just bought three Play 1s. Have already spent 2 hours trying every way to set up one speaker with no luck. Gone through every step on an ipad and an iphone. Any suggestions?

Need help connecting bridge to existing wireless network
Answered

I have a number of Sonos speakers (8). I recently moved and decided to try to setup the network without using the Sonos Bridge. I noticed the audio was dropping off intermittently so I'd like to con...

Is it possible to play audio simultaneous through sonos optical out and chinch?
Answered

The title says it all. Or do i need 2 sonos connect? Thanks!

Volume not working on SonosOne

I have a Sonos One and the volume control when playing music does not seem to work. If I use alexa at a high volume she shouts but when trying to turn up the volume for music it is at a very low level...

Using a DAC with Connect

I wonder if putting a DAC between the SONOS Connect and my amplifier will give a better sound. Has anyone done this?

Wired vs wireless for just some speakers?

I am still pretty new to sonos and wanted to get some advice on setting up wired vs wireless. Here is a little info about my setup. On the first floor I have a beam and 2 ones set up as rears, a one...

Set crossover frequency on new Sonos Amp without connecting a subwoofer?

Is there any way to set the crossover frequency on the new Sonos Amp without having anything connected to the subwoofer output? The manual says: I am trying to drive some tiny Orb speakers with the...

Surround Setup issue
Answered

I have two Play 1s and a Playbar. It worked perfectly as a surround setup until yesterday. One of the play 1 disappeared from the setup. I tried all trouble shooting tips. I reset the speakers and tri...

Sonos beam tv is quite when i start up
Question

Every time i start the tv the volume is mute and silent on my Sonos Beam. So i have to turn up the volume every time. When i had the volume to my soround system the volume was on right away. How could...

Badges

• Badge
    Riddler earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    nickzaff earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    TLT ENT earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    Steve O'Shea earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    bnw earned the badge Almost Famous
View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings