Sonos Roam Endlessly Problematic

• 5 March 2023
  • 7 replies

I have had a Sonos Roam for a little over a year and a half now… It’s without a doubt the most dysfunctional, glitchy, defective speaker I have ever used… I have multiple HomePods and HomePod minis and several Sonos products that work flawlessly but the Roam stutters across multiple Wi-Fi networks and often has difficulty connecting to Bluetooth…but the biggest problem is the transition from one to the other.  I have reset the device literally dozens of times and had to forget and re establish the Bluetooth connection and it will work for a day or two and crap out again. This is clearly a well-known problem and I have tried a multitude of fixes that I have researched on these forums and nothing works. It  simply is not worth the trouble. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

How many different Wi-Fi networks are you connecting the Roam to and why?

It’s a portable speaker so I bring it to multiple places and I attempt to utilize their Wi-Fi network and it stutters… I am only offering this to neutralize the pointless rejoinder that one always gets when they try to blame it on the Wi-Fi network itself.

Userlevel 7

IMO, for the best experience with the Roam, it is best to use the Roam on Wi-Fi only when at home. When you take it on the go, use it as a Bluetooth speaker. This is how I have been using my Roam for almost two years now and I haven’t had any connection issues.

That is generally what I do… But it is precisely the transition between Bluetooth and the home Wi-Fi network that seems to put it in this irrecoverable stutter… Again, I am just saying I have experienced stutter on more than one Wi-Fi network, including my home Wi-Fi network from different carriers or in different residences, to forestall the usual deflection to the Wi-Fi net work itself.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Agree, mine stops playing music randomly even using Airplay and Bluetooth, quite disappointing and infuriating. I’ve had 3 units, 2 replacements, and the problems still persist, also the voice assistants work very unrreliable, apparently because I have wireless interference at home. 
I won’t say that I’ll return it because I can’t, I lost its original USBC charger, and I struggled a lot to get my second replacement, so here is the evidence that is a very unrreliable product. 
I just want my Wonderboom2 speaker back😢 it was the best Bluetooth speaker I’ve ever had     

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

DFTT.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

DFTT. 
That’s enough! Seriously