Answered

Trying to Connect Audio Technica Turntable to Sonos Move

• 23 December 2022
  • 31 replies

Hi everyone - 

I just received an early Christmas gift of an Audio Technica bluetooth turntable AT-LP60XBT. There are many resources, including Audio Technica’s own website, which says that it can connect with the Sonos Move via Bluetooth (but no other Sonos device, wirelessly).

You press a button on the turntable so that it enters pairing mode, and I’ve done enough reading to realize that I need to press the pairing button (the long thin button) on the back of the Move to get it ready to connect.

However, when I put both devices in pairing mode - I press the button on top of the turntable, which continuously flashes blue & red (instead of blue, which is desired) - they never seem to pair. There is no completion; ultimately the light on the turntable just goes red, which means it is not paired.

Has anyone dealt with this? Has anyone solved the problem? Many thanks in advance. Even if I get it to work, I’m pretty tech-savvy and it feels like… well, it shouldn’t be this difficult. 

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 26 December 2022, 15:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Userlevel 2

Does anyone know what Bluetooth turntable works with the Sonos Move? The Audio-Technica AT-LP60XBT-SV definitely does not. It is not the same type of Bluetooth protocol. I can connect to older Bluetooth devices, including my old Alexa echo. So I know this turntable works, but it has old Bluetooth technology, I guess. I can’t connect to the Bluetooth input of my Samsung QLED 2022 TV either. No sense using buying a Bluetooth turntable if I have to buy another Bluetooth transmitter or connect to an input cable.

Userlevel 2

I had the same problem until today.

I just ordered a Bluetooth transmitter/receiver from amazon (here’s the link): https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0B84XQWPH?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details. I don't have much knowledge in the quality, but I switched the device to receiver mode (RX) which connected to the turn table, then plugged the receiver into the turntable and it worked somehow… 

I can’t talk too much about the quality of the sound as I just got my turn table, but it does not sound as good as a cheaper speaker my buddy gave me, that I connected via RCA cables. 

Just put the turntable into paring mode (flashing red and blue) and put the Bluetooth device in RX mode and hold the button until its also flashing (in pairing mode) then it should connect very quick. After plug the transmitter to the turn table via stereo output and turn the Bluetooth device to receiver by flipping the switch on the device. 

Again their might be a more simple method, but this worked for me. Also I don’t have any other sonos devices to connect through Bluetooth. 

Best wishes!!

Did you then return your Bluetooth turntable and buy a non Bluetooth for less money? 

My turntable still has a stereo port. I only have a Bluetooth speaker (sonos 5) currently. I can still connect other wired speakers and Bluetooth speakers to the turn table (audio-technica at-lp60xbt). However, I needed to purchase an Bluetooth/transmitter to connect the sons move, since it can not connect to the turntable (other Bluetooth and sonos speakers can, there are a few exceptions) by itself. 

If you have a SONOS FIVE, connect the turntable’s analog output to the FIVE’s Line-In. This Line-In can be selected to play on any combination of SONOS speakers, no Bluetooth is required.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Bluetooth is also not present on the Five, except possibly for set up purposes…..

I just bought a Sonos Move and have an Audio-Tehnica AT-LP60XBT and I am having no luck pairing whatsoever. I have no problem pairing any of my other smaller bluetooth speakers but wanted to move up to a Sonos for a better sound quality. I’ve tried multiple times and have read every thread post about it. It seems some have some luck and others none. Anyone have a recommendation or is the Sonos Move speaker and the Audio-Technica simply not compatible?