Answered

Sonos Roam - Stuck In Sleep Mode

Show first post

32 replies

Userlevel 1

Same problem here since a few days. Sonos Roam stays in sleep mode, whatever you do.

I guess this is a new software bug 

Forgot to mention it's on 2 separate roam devices, and we're posting this 3 days apart so it stands to reason the problem is on Sonos software end

I don’t see the many hundreds of thousands of folks who probably now own these devices complaining and my two Roams here are working just fine with the current software release, but either way, you’re best to get in touch with Sonos, not much more the user-community can do if you’ve followed the advice, without success… it’s best to put the matter into the hands of Sonos Staff, via the link provided earlier.

Forgot to mention it's on 2 separate roam devices, and we're posting this 3 days apart so it stands to reason the problem is on Sonos software end

Same problem here, no resolution from the above (no white light comes back on after holding button). No option to factory reset the roam on the app from what I can tell. 

You are perhaps best to contact and seek assistance from Sonos Support Staff via this LINK 

Same problem here, no resolution from the above (no white light comes back on after holding button). No option to factory reset the roam on the app from what I can tell. 

It is possible to check the Roams battery via the web interface - goto this address using a web browser and see if all looks okay:

http://[iP Address of Roam]:1400/status/batterystatus

If the Battery/LED/Sleep issue persists, then try this…

• Whist ‘off’ it’s charger (that’s important) with the device powered ‘on’- press and hold the rear power-button. The Roam will power itself off after approx. 5-6 seconds, but do not let go the button, keep it pressed for about another 15+ seconds until you see the front top status LED (near Sonos logo) light-up and glow white and then place the Roam back on its USB-C charger (5V/2A (10W) PD power output minimum charge level) and leave it until it’s fully charged (check via the web interface) - when it’s reached 100% it should then be okay after that.🤞
  • Note you may need to repeat the above steps, if there is no sign of the device working after being put back on its charger, but wait for 30-40 minutes before taking it off the charger to try again.

Hope that assists.

Sounds more like a software “stuck” issue. I’m assuming you’ve done a full shut down, waited a couple of minutes, then powered it back up?

If you have other Sonos speakers, I’d recommend a  factory reset , but this will erase any data stored on it, including playlists, etc. 

Might actually be better to first call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.