Answered

Sonos Move losing and regaining contact

• 6 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Lately, I have been experiencing increasing issues with my Sonos Move. I have a pair of Sonos 5 set up in my living room and a Sonos Move in my kitchen. While the Sonos 5 works perfectly, my Move has been intermittently losing and regaining contact, resulting in the music being interrupted or going completely silent. At times, it also produces a crackling sound. I have attempted to resolve the issue by rebooting it, but it has not helped. Additionally, the wifi connectivity appears to be functioning normally, and there is nothing nearby the Move that could be causing the problem. I am unsure of what to do next.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 6 March 2023, 17:18

View original

1 reply

Try powering down your Move completely. While it’s turned off, reboot your router, and give it a couple of minutes to come up before powering back up your Move.

However, if this doesn’t resolve the issue, submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.