Answered

Sonos Move doesn't turn on

• 6 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi,

My Move doesn’t turn on anymore after working perfectly. I went a week on holiday and upon return my move won’t turn on anymore. It have been sitting on it’s charging ring all that time.
Therefore I think it’s definitely charged and I’ve tried every combination and fixes/resets I could find.

The only thing I couldn’t find on the internet is the way the battery leds are flashing.
These leds are orange solid for 5 seconds, then off, then solid 5 seconds and so on…

It’s not the normal short on/off charging orange led cycle.

I’m now trying to let it drain completely for 5 days, hopefully when recharging it will come alive again.

In the meantime, anyone an idea what it could be?

Thx,

Bjorn

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 7 August 2022, 11:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I would try leaving the charger-loop power-block unplugged/powered off for a few minutes and ensure the charger-loop is the correct way up and connecting to the Moves connections - check the connections are clean and then see if it will power back on and appear in the App.

It might ‘possibly’ be the case that the charger-loop has developed a fault, so if you do have another compatible USB-C charger handy then maybe give that a try too.

Hi Ken,

thanks for your reply.

I’ve tried your suggestions, but with the charger-loop it’s still the same problem.
I’ve tried with another USB-C charger and unfortunately this shows the same behaviour.

I’m starting to think it’s a faulty battery...

Any other ideas?

Regards,

Bjorn

I would definitely contact Sonos Support via this LINK and see what they suggest. They maybe aware of some other things you can try. Follow this link:

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

In my own case, the charger-loop was the thing that proved to be my problem, albeit a few months ago now, so I purchased a new one from Sonos and all has been fine ever since. I was lucky because I had two ‘Moves’ / chargers so was able to test that it was the actual charger, rather than the battery.

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your input.

I've contacted Sonos support and they've declared my Move to be defective. Fortunately it's still under warranty, so it will be replaced.

Regards,

Bjorn

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your input.

I've contacted Sonos support and they've declared my Move to be defective. Fortunately it's still under warranty, so it will be replaced.

Regards,

Bjorn

Ah glad you have got it it sorted Bjorn and thanks too for popping back to let us know the outcome. 👍