Sonos Move does not appear in Bluetooth list on Sony NW-A55

• 22 April 2020
  • 4 replies

I want to pair a Sony Nwa 55 with my Sonos Move. I put the move in Bluetooth mode, hold the wifi Bluetooth switch until the led flashes blue. The move doesn’t come up in the Bluetooth menu of the Sony. This is the reason i bought the Move. What can i do to solve this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi @Toine68 

If you have previously paired the Move via bluetooth to another device and that device is active (in range) when trying to pair with your Sony NWA 55 the Move will pair to the other device an ignore the Sony. You must turn off any previously paired device in the vicinity of the Move when trying to pair to a 2nd, 3rd, 4th and so on device. Once the devices have been learned the Move will remember all devices but will always pair to the last device used and if not found will move to the next and so on. 

If the above is not the case you should call Sonos Tech support to see if the codec being used by the Sony is recognized by the Move.

Cheers!

Hi AJTrek, the sony is the first device i tried to connect. So unfortunatly what you discribe is not the problem. I’ll try Sonos Tech support tommorow. Thanks.

Did anyone get an answer to this question, I have been trying to connect sony to move

I just got off of the phone with Sonos support for this same issue and they said it must be an issue with the Walkman.  I have successfully paired it with my Klipsch Groove speaker and my stereo in my van.  So I don’t understand the issue unless it uses a completely different protocol.  Of course I also can’t connect my audia-technica turntable which I saw someone else do in a video, so...