Answered

Roam wont hold charge

• 16 August 2023
  • 10 replies

Roam is permanently plugged in so always shows 100% batt. As soon as I unplug it and try to use it in another room it dies within 5 mins . . . Useless piece of kit . . 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 16 August 2023, 23:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Just contacted support . . They changed a load of setting and told me to try again and call back . . Now it doesn't work at all . .  And I'm sat in a que waiting for someone to answer . .like I correctly said earleir  . .waste of time just like the product . . Absolute garbage.  . Waste of money.

The OP is enjoying the attention they’re getting here, but has already made up their mind not to contact support for any assistance. There’s already a conclusion that there will be no assistance. 

It is the official sonos charger that came with the speaker 

Then contact Sonos Support if you have only had these things for 4 months as presumably both speaker and charger are within their warranty period.

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

It is the official sonos charger that came with the speaker 

Roam is permanently plugged in so always shows 100% batt. As soon as I unplug it and try to use it in another room it dies within 5 mins . . . Useless piece of kit . . 

What charger are you using? If not the official one from Sonos, then it needs to be PD certified with a power output in the region of 2A-3A x 5V (10W-15W) anything less-powerful might cause the issue you’re seeing.

A typical phone charger may not always work, some are only 1A x 5V.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Then you should definitely call support as they should be able to tell you if it's faulty. Sounds like it might be 

4 months.     So dissapointed with it. . 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

How long have you had the Roam? 

No . . They're a waste of space, just like their product . 

Have you contacted Sonos Support directly to discuss it?