Roam Stereo Pair randomly unpair.

• 5 November 2021
  • 31 replies

Show first post

31 replies

Badge

Hi @James L. and @John B ,

Both Roams are always Power Connected , and placed same location all the time. They are not moved away. They are also always powered on just as our Play:1 and :3 always are.

Even with that, we randomly see the Stereo pairing breaks. It can break at any time, - between same minutes when pairing up-to couple of days. There is no rhythm to it. Last time the Pairing broke while i was listening to music -.., the music simply disappeared from the paired Roam, but continued on the other Roam as nothing happened.

For me, this is a bug.

If I Stereo pairing Roams, i don’t expect them to randomly dis-pairing, without my accept or at least notification with a note of why. This has to be a bug. 

Badge

Thanks @James L. ,

I will involve Customer Care Team.

Can you see witch Roam that had the memory fault?

Badge +17

Thanks @James L. ,

I will involve Customer Care Team.

Can you see witch Roam that had the memory fault?

Yes, it was the one named Køkken.

Badge

@James L. , Just talked with Customer Care.

The faulty device was this one: 54-2A-1B-BE-54-40: named Sonos Roam.
If that is not true, then please correct.

I just received my second ROAM and stereo paired them, they continuously  drop off, sometimes both drop off and are no longer appear on the controller then one starts playing but I an no longer able to control them. I have reset and paired these over and over. Also I notice if I move them all bet are off, pairing goes away on one or both sometimes I’m  <10ft from my router sometimes and it’s called ROAM? 

This is very frustrating there is a major bug. I’ve had SONOS products since 2006 and have never had so many issues.

Badge

Same issue here. It used to work (upon release date) but some update broke it for sure. Now IF the pairing succeeds I get only one speaker to work, and breaking the stern pair enables the other speaker. Yup, strange. But then when I change the volume from the source it only becomes effective on 1 speaker since it doesn’t have a stereo pair.

It just doesn’t work, also not in my other house (with different WiFi obviously) so that can’t be the issue. I’m going back to old school receiver and cabled speakers and play from CD. That always works since there aren’t any software updates.