Roam SL setup

I've been gifted a roam SL for my birthday, I'm pretty tech minded but cannot for the life set it up. I spoke to live chat yesterday but they were about much use as a chocolate fire guard. 

Upon setting up the roam via the app, it goes through the discovery, the audio PIN but then it just gets stuck on connecting .

I thought it may be issues with my mesh network so tried again connecting to my main router instead. I get to the same point again. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, tried setting up a new account with a different email but still nothing. For something of this price bracket I expected more 

Any ideas on what to do? Or should I just admit defeat and send it back and replace with something more reliable

Thanks

4 replies

Badge +5

Was the Roam wired when you tried to install it <stupid question, Roam can not be connected wired>.

Is your Roam your first Sonos device?

If not, how are your other devices connected? Wired, SonosNet or Wifi. Can you describe your setup as close as possible?

Just been through the process again and definitely not being asked that question

I installed a Roam SL a few days ago (bought my self) and one thing I remembered that I have to to select a Wifi SSID (network) with the wifi password. Did you get the same question, and did you provide the correct answers?

And as a tech minded person, do not admit defeat.

I didn't get asked that question

Badge +5

I installed a Roam SL a few days ago (bought my self) and one thing I remembered that I have to to select a Wifi SSID (network) with the wifi password. Did you get the same question, and did you provide the correct answers?

And as a tech minded person, do not admit defeat.