Roam not connecting after being shut off

• 17 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I recently got a roam to add to my sonos collection. I was able to easily connect it yesterday. I shut it off after I was done. Now when I turn it back on it won’t reconnect to my sonos app (android 12 beta, pixel 4xl). I can connect it to my phone via bluetooth and it works, however. I have a mesh network with tp link deco.

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Could this be a disagreement between the Android beta and the public release of ROAM firmware?

Could this be a disagreement between the Android beta and the public release of ROAM firmware?

Possibly but that wouldn't explain why it initially connected and now disconnected after being shut off.

It’s perhaps worth also searching and looking at ‘tp-link deco’ mesh systems on this forum as there are a number of threads about it not working ‘out the box’ with Sonos, unless (some say) it’s set to ‘Access point mode’ and used with an ISP-provided router.

Some users have resorted to using a ‘SonosNet’ wired connection in the past, but that’s just not possible with a Sonos Roam. 

Other posts on the tp-link forum appear to suggest getting the latest tp-link deco firmware and/or switching off QOS in the tp-link configuration pages and finally some users mention switching off the 5Ggz band. So this needs a bit more researching perhaps to see what maybe the issue on top of the fact that it might be the Android beta software causing an issue too