Answered

Roam and how to disconnect bluetooth

• 26 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hi all

Does anyone know how to clear the bluetooth connections from the Roam?  I know I can go to the connections on my mobile phone and disconnect / forget the connection there, but what if I want to clear the list of connections without access to the phone?  This could be because a friend connected to my Roam one evening but now they have gone home.  

Also, does anyone know how many connections the Roam can remember?  I’ve tested with two phones connected at the same time, but don’t have more mobile phones to connect to test larger numbers of connections.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by James L. 26 April 2021, 11:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Badge +17

Hi @peteyd,

Roam can remember up to 8 devices in its connection table and will always try to connect to the last device it connected to. You can put the Roam back into pairing mode by switching to Bluetooth, then performing the same button press again (long press (1-2 seconds)) until you hear the pairing chime, then connect your device as normal. There’s no need to wipe out the connection history of your Roam as older devices will drop off once you’ve connected 8 devices to it.

Badge

Many thanks, much appreciated.

Badge

Thanks James.  I take it there is no way to clear the connection table, maybe short of a factory reset?

Badge +17

Thanks James.  I take it there is no way to clear the connection table, maybe short of a factory reset?

Unfortunately the only way to clear it on the Roam is to perform a factory reset, which we wouldn’t recommend. You could also remove the Roam from the connected devices list on the device you no longer wish to connect to the Roam, as a Bluetooth connection is basically a 2-way handshake - without the phone knowing about the Roam, it will not automatically connect :slight_smile:

Badge

Follow up question, if two devices are in the connection table, is there a way via the Roam to switch between the sources?  I can only make the switch happen if I disconnect the source which is currently playing.  This means that if someone manages to connect to my Roam, they have control over what is played, and I can’t kick them off.  This might be relevant if you have friends round or children.

Thanks. 

Badge +17

Follow up question, if two devices are in the connection table, is there a way via the Roam to switch between the sources?  I can only make the switch happen if I disconnect the source which is currently playing.  This means that if someone manages to connect to my Roam, they have control over what is played, and I can’t kick them off.  This might be relevant if you have friends round or children.

At the moment, no, though it’s an issue we’re aware of that will be fixed in a future software update. Once fixed, you’ll be able to “steal” the connection to another device when one is already connected.