Answered

Oh no. Not again. Roam connection problems!

• 25 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I thought the days of wrestling with the Roam were behind us, but alas, I am having connection problems once again.

I recently changed internet providers and of course that necessitated a new router.

All my other Sonos kit transferred easily to the new router. Only the Roams (I have 2) have caused me problems.

The app says my black Roam is "not connected" and the white Roam is "powered off". Both have direct power and are fully charged.

I am able to link to the white Roam by Bluetooth, but I can't get either to link to the wifi. In fact I can't even get the black Roam to go into pairing mode (side rant, I still really hate the flimsy, recessed power button on the back of the Roam and its time-based functionality)

I have tried everything. I have powered everything down, I have run the "find missing products" feature but it always fails. 

I wish there was an ethernet port on the Roam so I could at least hardwire it. Right now it's useless.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 26 May 2023, 09:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @DuranDoranMartell 

Thanks for your post!

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your Roams. Although it’s suspicious that only Roams are affected, I would first presume network problems are the issue. If you haven’t done so already, I recommend you reserve IP addresses for your Sonos devices in your router’s settings to ensure there are never any conflicting IP addresses assigned. Please refer to your router’s manual for how to do so.

If that doesn’t help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.