Question

connecting Sonos Move to new network.

• 17 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi. I’ve recently started using a new mesh router. I’ve managed to hardwire all my speakers except the Move without problem. However the Move won’t use SonosNet. However i can’t connect it to my new network. I’ve tried factory resetting but for some reason it automatically reconnects to the old network and I can’t work out how to stop it doing so! Any ideas guys?! Thanks! 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @petenicholson1978.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us and starting to troubleshoot with the basic steps. I understand that the rest have already transitioned from the old wireless credentials (old network) to the new network except for the Sonos Move. Let me help out with some guides.

I would like to recommend the following guides to try if the issue would be resolved. (Please keep the Sonos Move placed on the charging bay while following the steps below)

• On the Sonos App, let us use the find the missing product option to check if it would work by going to settings » system » find missing product. Then follow the prompts.
  • The guide about speakers missing from the Sonos app may also help in locating the Sonos Move.

If after the above recommendation, nothing helped, and you have mentioned that you have tried factory resetting the Move but it still reconnects to the Old network, that means the Move was not completely factory reset. Let me share with you the complete step by step guide on how to factory reset the Sonos Move.

1. Remove the Sonos Move from the charging bay while powered on.
  2. Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds until the Move prompts powered off with no LED status light at the top.
  3. Once the Sonos Move has been successfully turned off, release the power button.
  4. Press and hold the join button of the Sonos Move and while the join button is pressed, place it back on its charging bay.
  5. Wait for a green light before letting go of the join button.
  6. Once the Sonos Move has a green light, on the Sonos app, go to settings » system » add product.

Please let us know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,