Answered

Can't get Sonos MOVE out of Bluetooth mode to get back on WiFi

• 13 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

Just got a new MOVE. It worked right away with my current WIFI nework, and with my other Sonos speakers. Then I tested it on bluetooth, and that also worked fine. However, after that, I can not get it to switch back to my WIFI network from bluetooth. It’s stuck in bluetooth! Can’t get it back on WIFI by  pressing the join button as instructed.  Can anyone help me  switch back to my wifi and Sonos system?

icon

Best answer by Paul A 13 November 2020, 19:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Robert_164.

Thanks for the update and immediate response.

I’m glad we were able to help resolve your issue. The Sonos Move’s mode button would be your choice of changing the Sonos Move from Wifi mode to Bluetooth mode and from Bluetooth mode back to Wifi mode. The join button is a function needed as a part of either setting up the Sonos Move or find a missing speaker option from the Sonos App. I’m glad that everything is now working again. I do hope you continue to love and enjoy your Sonos.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to create a topic. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Badge

It worked. :) Thanks again!

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Robert_164.

Thanks for the update and immediate response.

Rebooting the Sonos Move by turning it off and turning it back on would not do the trick as it will be back in its previous status (before it was turned off) once the Move turns back on.  

Sure, Please give it a try and let us know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Badge

I was impatient and rebooted the MOVE before I was able to try this. Then I joined it back with my WIFI speakers. I thought the directions said to press the ‘JOIN’ button? Well, thank you. If this happens again, (I will test it later today) I will do as you say.  It would be simple and natural to press that button. I thought I tried that, but I can’t recall. I will let you know here. :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Robert_164.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand that you have an issue with your Sonos Move switching from Bluetooth mode back to Wifi mode. Let me help you out.

I would like to recommend pressing the Bluetooth mode (bar button between the power button and join button) button instead of the join button to switch it back to Wifi Mode. The same button you used to switch from Wifi mode to Bluetooth mode is the same button we need to use to switch it back from Bluetooth mode to Wifi mode. The light status on top should switch back from solid blue to solid white.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,