Question

Was I the Only One Waiting to Hear a Sonos Announcement Today?

• 27 August 2019
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8
I've seen a lot of web articles from the normal tech sites talking annot Sonos Event that should have happened today. Everyone thought Sonos would be announcing new speakers during this 2 day even but I haven't heard or seen anything at all.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

LOL! I started looking yesterday for new hardware. Really excited about the Sonos move. I don’t really want another Bluetooth speaker, but having a Sonos speaker tied into my system with the battery would be awesome!
I’m really curious about the price point and battery life.
Private event for press only. They're very likely embargoed from saying anything until the IFA in Berlin in early September. Sorry, we'll still have to wait another week+.

https://b2b.ifa-berlin.com/

Sonos is using IFA to host, in its words, the company's "biggest event of the year". The company is holding press events on Wednesday 4th and Thursday 5th, which could mean two new products. We have a very good idea what one is: the Sonos Move portable Bluetooth speaker, which has been leaked prior to the events. Exciting indeed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +15
Well see how accurate the supposed leaks are but if they are, I'll be amazed if it's not all mostly known way before another week or so after the recent official events nevermind from the sources of the leaks...
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
Thanks @chicks . First time I've seen so many articles and supposed leaks and then silence all of a sudden.
Userlevel 4
Badge +7
Must be close now. Sonos has bought Google-adds for the Move. Do a search for Sonos Move and there will be an add to preorder it, although the link doesn't work yet.

I am still hoping for updated codecs and possibly an updated Soundbar, but it seems they will stick to their aging strategy on the home theather market.
Must be close now. Sonos has bought Google-adds for the Move. Do a search for Sonos Move and there will be an add to preorder it, although the link doesn't work yet.

I am still hoping for updated codecs and possibly an updated Soundbar, but it seems they will stick to their aging strategy on the home theather market.

It could be that the Move is just the speaker that's ready for pre-order, and what Sonos wanted leaked. I'd be a bit surprised, but it's possible a new soundbar will be mentioned for future release. I think we'll find out soon enough.

But I would say that I personally don't want Sonos to release a new larger size soundbar too early. By that I mean if 'atmos' is in their plans, I don't want to see them release a non-atmos soundbar now and an atmos soundbar a year from now. That sort of thing.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
So the first roundup of hew products was published (and taken down). It seems we are only getting Sonos Move, Sonos One SL and the new connect, to be called Sonos Port. Sonos Move is very nice add-on to the product range, the other two nothing big. Hope some surprise still coming, I had higher expectations.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Sonos Port would be interesting if it is a lot cheaper than the current connect and also includes Phono-Pre Amp and/or Bluetooth. The later I very much doubt... in fact the phono pre-amp is unlikely too but would be a cool nod the the Vinyl resurgence.
Userlevel 6
Badge +15
Sonos Port would be interesting if it is a lot cheaper than the current connect and also includes Phono-Pre Amp and/or Bluetooth. The later I very much doubt... in fact the phono pre-amp is unlikely too but would be a cool nod the the Vinyl resurgence.

About that ...

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1502022-REG/sonos_port1us1blk_port.html