Question

Transferring iTunes Playlist to Apple Music

• 16 June 2019
  • 3 replies

Recently, SONOS announced that it was going to stop supporting playing music from "on this iPhone" in the near future and that Apple Music was an alternative. So, I created an Apple Music account and was able to upload the music from my iTunes app located on my PC to the Apple Music cloud. However, the playlists on iTunes have not been transferred to Apple Music.

Is there a way of configuring iTunes and/or Apple Music so that I can create and edit playlists in one location (my PC) and then have it automatically synced to Apple Music?

Thanks, Tom

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I recently transferred from itunes to Apple Music and I used “MusConv Tool” to transfer all my playlists. It made my switch really quick and easy. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

When I make a playlist in iTunes on my mac, it is seen in the Apple Music app on the phone. I don't think I have done anything special in settings. Do you not see them?
Thanks for your reply Kumar. I see the playlists on my iPhone, but when I access Apple Music from within SONOS I see all my music from iTunes but my playlists are not displayed. The SONOS system I have does not support Apple airplay, so I added Apple Music as a Music Service from within the SONOS app. This is what SONOS recommends to users as they prepare to remove the play music "On this iPhone" feature. I suspect the issue is on the SONOS side. Tom