Spotify Connect Outage: 12/6/16- RESOLVED

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi everyone,

We're working with Spotify to resolve an outage affecting direct control of Sonos through the Spotify app. This is causing connection errors when the Spotify app tries to connect to Sonos speakers. The connection might fail to find your players, or it may connect temporarily.

We'll post an update here when there is more information to share.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

103 replies

Does this apply when you are trying to use the sonos app directly. Since the update I am unable to use the app. It keeps telling me to update the app even though it's already updated. I have deleted and reinstalled it but this has made no difference. Help!
Userlevel 1
So sad 😞.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Does this apply when you are trying to use the sonos app directly. Since the update I am unable to use the app. It keeps telling me to update the app even though it's already updated. I have deleted and reinstalled it but this has made no difference. Help!

This may not be related to the outage. I'd like to get some information from your system to see but want to keep this thread clear for updates on the outage. Please check your inbox for a message.
Now working but very laggy.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Connects occasionally, disconnects
Hi everyone,

We're working with Spotify to resolve an outage affecting direct control of Sonos through the Spotify app. This is causing connection errors when the Spotify app tries to connect to Sonos speakers. The connection might fail to find your players, or it may connect temporarily.

Appreciate the update and I have full confidence you'll sort it! Many thanks!!
Userlevel 1
Badge
Switching between spotify and the sonos app really confuses it...
Had Spotify but lagged so let it run but then the Sonos app started playing a random tune
Stopped playback, closed all the apps and my Play 3 is now starting playing randomly...
Userlevel 1
Badge
Stopped playback, closed all the apps and my Play 3 is now starting playing randomly...

Yey - new party mode!
This likely to take hours / days or weeks to sort out? Real pain from iOS... Have been so looking forwards to this - good luck getting it sorted!
Userlevel 1
Badge
This likely to take hours / days or weeks to sort out? Real pain from iOS... Have been so looking forwards to this - good luck getting it sorted!

In Jeff we trust...
Same here. Closed all apps. Went downstairs and living room Sonos started playing random tune.
Power off for the time being I think.
Don't want that happening at 3am!!!!!!!
Badge
Worked perfect in the beta, guess Spotify servers are overloaded now.
Same here. Closed all apps. Went downstairs and living room Sonos started playing random tune.
Power off for the time being I think.
Don't want that happening at 3am!!!!!!!

Yes this is true!.Beta was working well for me, but official ...chaotic, must unplug all speakers over the night
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
I'm seeing some latency now in responding to play/pause commands in the Spotify app.
Pressed the off button and just came on again:
Now its unplugged from wall!!!
come on Sonos , all other brands can Spotify connect better...
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
I have had the random track starting, even when both Sonos and Spotify have been closed. First happened with a gap of 5 minutes, then 30 minutes, then an hour and a half, then 5 minutes later.
Maintaining a connection to one either a Sonos speaker or the computer seems to fluctuate a lot. Also very laggy when using the Spotify controls.
I've had to turn the computer off, it has become very annoying.
Also unplugged! The Random playing is quite a shock!
Same here. Had to plug all of then out. Hope they fix this soon. Pity we cant go back to old version of Sonos
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Just wanted to update you all that the commands to start playing music through Spotify Connect that failed may get hung up in connecting. They might wind up going through to your players as this issue is sorted out. We're working to get the messages dropped from the memory instead of being sent after being queued up, but something you asked Spotify to play to your players may suddenly come through unexpectedly.

If you're heading to bed, you might want to unplug your players just in case.
I can see my sonos room options in the devices via spotify - but it just wont connect to them... is this the same problem thats being worked on? Or a problem with just mine?

Many Thanks
Badge
Hi everyone,

It was working well in beta. What happened?
I'm having the same update problems
"Update problem"
and cannot use Pandora...
"Connection to Pandora was lost"

I've also tried delete and reinstalling the app.

It will play iTunes from my iPad