Answered

Resolved - TuneIn Radio: Unable to browse on Sonos - 07/28/17

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

50 replies

TuneIn radio is now working on my Sonos. TuneIn has been the most intermittent music service on my Sonos system. In fact TuneIn does not even appear in the Music Services on my Sonos system.
TuneIn radio is now working on my Sonos. TuneIn has been the most intermittent music service on my Sonos system. In fact TuneIn does not even appear in the Music Services on my Sonos system.

Yes it's been working for 2 minutes and it's out again - guess it's taking much longer to fix
Hello everyone,

There is a temporary service outage affecting TuneIn on Sonos. You may have trouble browsing TuneIn radio when attempting to use the service. We’re currently working with our partner TuneIn and will update you here once we will have more to share.
Now seems resolved, refresh app and all good. PS thanks for the back up chime that kicked in. I missed waking to the radio but still got an alarm.
seems to be back working now......thanks to all for help!
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hey Everyone,

The issue affecting TuneIn on Sonos has been resolved. Please let us know if you're still having troubles and include a diagnostic so we can take a look.
When I click Tune In I get 'Unable to Browse Music' displayed - how do I solve this?

Sorry still doesn't work ?
Hey Everyone,

The issue affecting TuneIn on Sonos has been resolved. Please let us know if you're still having troubles and include a diagnostic so we can take a look.

Still doesn't work!!
It's working for about an hour already.
Hey Everyone,

When I click Tune In I get 'Unable to Browse Music' displayed - how do I solve this?

Sorry still doesn't work ?

Still doesn't work!!

As instructed by Andy B above, you should submit a diagnostic so they can further understand the problem.
Hey Everyone,

Still doesn't work!!

Now it appears to work fine again ?
Serius/XM doesn't work since the update.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Serius/XM doesn't work since the update.Really off topic for this thread. I've seen reports that it is now working again though, so give it another try.
Still doesn't work...And, there are no reports that it's working. In fact header of the message link says it's still not working. Sorry about off-topic response.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Still doesn't work...And, there are no reports that it's working. In fact header of the message link says it's still not working. Sorry about off-topic response.You're mistaken about the reports. There's an on topic thread with many people posting that it's working:

https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/cannot-browser-siriusxm-6789986
Hey Everyone,

Bollocks. Still not working.....Sonos is starting to become frustrating to use when it should be very simple. Drops in and out all the time.....locks up and now TuneIn doesn't work. Get it sorted!
Giant_Evertonian,

There's likely an issue with your local wifi, since if it were still a problem with Sonos/TuneIn, there would be hundreds of posts here about it.

I'd recommend opening up a new thread in "Ask a Question", and supply as much information as you can, including a system diagnostic. There's a lot of folks who frequent these boards who would be most willing to help, if they had enough information on which to build a mental image of your setup.
I see this has been an issue before, but it just struck me yesterday. Updated to version 8.4, and now the one radio station we listen to 99.9% of the time gives an error message "the song is not encoded correctly". Other stations work - I have only tried a few, but have not found any more with the same message.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I see this has been an issue before, but it just struck me yesterday. Updated to version 8.4, and now the one radio station we listen to 99.9% of the time gives an error message "the song is not encoded correctly". Other stations work - I have only tried a few, but have not found any more with the same message.

Hi there,

Sometimes station's server information changes, and sometimes stations go offline. Which station in particular are you looking for? If it's on your favorites list, can you delete the favorite and search for the station again?
It is KQED 88.5 in San Francisco. It is not in our favorites list - it is in a list of local stations that is presumably compiled by Tunein.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
It is KQED 88.5 in San Francisco. It is not in our favorites list - it is in a list of local stations that is presumably compiled by Tunein.

There was an issue with KQED on TuneIn, unrelated to this outage thread, which has since been resolved. Please try again and let me know if you're still having trouble playing that station.
No - I still get the same message.
TuneIn hasn't worked on Sonos One since the update last week. Works fine on all Amazon-branded Alexa devices. This is my primary use case for my Sonos, and I'm about ready to return both Sonos One devices and just purchase some Amazon Echos.
I’m certainly not having any issues with Tunein currently. Perhaps it’s an issue unique to your setup? You may be best served by calling in to Sonos to get some assistance in figuring out the problem, which might be easier than returning the devices, and pay off in your happiness in the long run.
I've been in contact with Sonos. It does seem limited to particular stations, as we did eventually get some to work. KPCC (the only one I really use, of course) is still stubbornly failing to work.

As for what's easier, driving 5 minutes back to Best Buy and simply returning them and immediately grabbing some Echos at the same time would still have already been easier than being on with support for the past 2 hours, though. So not sure I agree with that sentiment...