Resolved - Spotify Unable to Browse, Play Music, or Log In - Oct 14th

• 14 October 2016
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
  • Community Manager
  • 11324 replies
We're looking into a system wide outage with Spotify right now. You may be unable to play music, browse, or sign in to your account for Spotify on Sonos or their website. The issue is also affecting other Spotify devices and apps as well. Spotify is reporting the issue on their website currently here.

We'll let you know when it's back up.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Spotify should be back up now. We're still going to be keeping a close eye on things but we've gotten the official all clear.

Enjoy your music and have a good weekend everyone!
Hello Ryan
Having issues with Spotify and speakers randomly disconnecting.
Could you please have a look at my diagnostics 664 7198

Thanks
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi there, coud you try changing the wireless channel Sonos is using? Check this article for instructions.

Also, since you are using Sonos in a wired setup you can safely remove previously entered wi-fi credentials from Sonos, to do this from your iOS: From the Sonos music menu, tap Settings > Advanced Settings > Wireless Setup. On the Wireless Setup screen, click the button that says "Reset". Then click "Done" on the next screen.

Please test Spotify playback for a while after trying these steps and let me know how it goes.
It worked well thank you.
Hi, it seems the Spotify connection problem isn't solved yet. I can't sign in to Spotify account. If account is removed it can't be added again, the login prompt never appears.
Hi, it seems the Spotify connection problem isn't solved yet. I can't sign in to Spotify account. If account is removed it can't be added again, the login prompt never appears.

There are blackouts all over the internet due to a cyber attack on the Dyn DNS servers. Spotify is one of the many services affected.

http://mashable.com/2016/10/21/sites-across-internet-struggle-after-cyberattack/#w6d7LxoFGOqp