Resolved - Pandora not playing on Sonos February 10, 2018

• 10 February 2018
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi everyone,

There's currently an issue causing playback errors on Pandora. We're working to resolve this and will update the thread when things are fixed.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

I saw a post saying try it now and I did. Issue still exists. Also - there is an issue where I go to Pandora, play my station and then click the button to broadcast the musics to my speakers. The Pandora app , however, says that it cannot connect to Sonos even though the Wi-Fi is good.
Badge
Thanks. Was wondering why it kept dropping. Hope you get it resolved in short order!
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hope springs eternal!

Hi everyone,

There's currently an issue causing playback errors on Pandora. We're working to resolve this and will update the thread when things are fixed.
Hi everyone,

We are having issues with Pandora stopping after a few songs also!!
Service error . Drops signal
I’m glad I found this post. We’ve been experiencing the dropped Pandora issue today as well. Tried a few things & finally Googled it to see it’s not an issue on our end. Having to switch to Amazon music (through Sonos) for our Valentine dinner party tonight. (But glad to know non-Pandora options are working). FWIW, although I welcome the Sonos/Echo integration, I have found the Sonos app difficult to navigate (since tthe integration.). It used to be so much easier to switch between Amazon music and multiple Pandora accounts (my husband and I each have one). For the past couple of months, it’s not very obvious at all to figure out how to switch music sources. Just sayin’
Badge
Pandora seems to work if you cast it to Sonos from the Pandora app. I've had it running for over an hour and no drops so far (fingers crossed).
Badge
"Unable to play '' - service errors appeared and Pandora stopped playing every 15-30 minutes starting last night. Switched to Amazon Music this morning and had no problems. Updated my PC Controller to 8.3.2 over 2 hours ago and haven't had the Pandora problem since. Maybe the issue was coincidentally fixed or the update helped out?
Having this same problem today. Also had it a couple of months ago. I don't trust Sonos with Pandora anymore. I had been using the combo of Sonos' alarm playing Pandora for my morning alarm clock. This use was the primary reason we bought a Sonos speaker (play-1). Planning on returning the speaker and forgetting about Sonos as a product. The hardware was nice; the software is not reliable; why stay with something that's not able to do what is says it can; can't trust it --> don't want it!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi everyone, as of now this issue should be resolved. If you're having any trouble playing Pandora on Sonos now, please let us know in a new thread or you can reach out to our support teams directly.