Resolved: Outage - Spotify Unable to Play Music - Oct 21st

• 21 October 2016
  • 65 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

65 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
HI everyone,

If you're getting the Spotify connection lost error please start by rebooting all of your Sonos units. To do so, remove them from power, wait ten seconds and then plug them back in. If any issues remain, please send in a diagnostic report then reply here with the confirmation number.
Few days ago i reset my router and Spotify was working, but only for few days.
My router is a NetGear3000. Diagnostic sent: 7113834
Never had this problem before latest update.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi LarsJensen,

Please try running updates your system. It should find an update which may help. Once updated, test out Spotify again and let me know how it goes.

Hi LarsJensen,

Please try running updates your system. It should find an update which may help. Once updated, test out Spotify again and let me know how it goes.

Updated Sonos and it seems to do the trick. Spotify played without problems.
Will let you know it changes.

Thanks !

Kind regards
Lars Jensen
Hi, I'm able to play a song from a queue but then each following song it will fail. I have submitted a diagnostics with number 7093978

Please help!

Hi dancube,

What is the make and model of your router?

Hi Jeff,

I have a Netgear D6300 Modem/Router.

I have no issues with other streaming services, it's just that when I'm playing Spotify it will either finish the first song in the playlist or stop midway through and then be unable to play any Spotify songs from thereafter. It doesn't make a difference as to whether I've started the stream through Spotify or through the Sonos app.

Any ideas?
I've gone through power cycling etc. without any luck.
In the past, usage of IP spoofing proxies for the purpose of getting around geo-blocking has caused this type of problem with Spotify. If you are using this type of proxy, it could explain what is happening.
Tried the suggested, didn't work, submitted diagnosis Number is 7145767
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, I'm able to play a song from a queue but then each following song it will fail. I have submitted a diagnostics with number 7093978

Please help!

Hi dancube,

Hi Jeff,

I have no issues with other streaming services, it's just that when I'm playing Spotify it will either finish the first song in the playlist or stop midway through and then be unable to play any Spotify songs from thereafter. It doesn't make a difference as to whether I've started the stream through Spotify or through the Sonos app.

Any ideas?

I've added a patch to your account. Please run updates on your Sonos system then test out Spotify.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Tried the suggested, didn't work, submitted diagnosis Number is 7145767

HI Gimmesomesugar,

There are a lot of wireless communication errors between your BOOST and the other speakers. Please try changing the wireless channel your Sonos system is using.

It may also help to look around your BOOST for any third party wireless devices and move any you find away. We recommend keeping a couple feet between your BOOST and router.

Please help!

Hi dancube,

Hi Jeff,

Any ideas?

I've added a patch to your account. Please run updates on your Sonos system then test out Spotify.

I cannot perform the update. I get error code 1101 each time.

I've been through the troubleshooting steps and still receive this error.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Please help!

Hi dancube,

Hi Jeff,

Any ideas?

I cannot perform the update. I get error code 1101 each time.

I've been through the troubleshooting steps and still receive this error.

Please send in a new diagnostic report and reply with the number.

Hi Jeff,

My new diagnostic number is 7153882

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Jeff,

My new diagnostic number is 7153882

Thanks

Please try running updates on your Sonos system then see if you're able to play Spotify.
please please please - connection to spotify lost lost lost lost lost lost
my diagnostic # is 7190684. my email is mazder@aol.com
i love this product but am very frustrated that i have been playing spotify thru my SONOS for years and now IT WONT WORK!!!!!!!!! please send some help or tips , something
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
please please please - connection to spotify lost lost lost lost lost lost
my diagnostic # is 7190684. my email is mazder@aol.com
i love this product but am very frustrated that i have been playing spotify thru my SONOS for years and now IT WONT FUCKING WORK!!!!!!!!! please send some help or tips , something

Hey mazder - The diagnostic came back as corrupt, which means only some of it could be read. Usually, if a diagnostic is corrupt and there are playback issues, wireless interference may be at play. Can you change the wireless channel your system is operating to channel 1 or 11 to see if that helps? After making the change, submit another diagnostic, and post the number here if you're still having issues.