Resolved: Napster Unable to Browse - 12/2/16

• 2 December 2016
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi everyone,

Napster is currently experiencing a system-wide issue causing browsing errors. We’re in contact with Napster and are working to resolve the issue. Please stay here tuned for updates.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Any further update. Still experiencing problems. Would have to happen on a Friday night,
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Any further update. Still experiencing problems. Would have to happen on a Friday night,

Hi Davie18,

We don't have any updates just yet. We'll post here as soon as we do.

One of the pitfalls of streaming services... always a good idea to have a local library even if you only use it as a backup in situations like this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi folks,

Although there are still a few remaining issues, such as album art display, Napster should now be able to browse and play music.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi everyone,

As of late last night the Napster outage should be fully resolved. You should be able to browse and play tracks as well as see album art. Please reach out to us if you continue to have any issues with Napster on your Sonos system.
Hi I am still having problems with Napster, I am unable to browse any playlists. It tells me to update Sonos but Sonos is up to date. This started a couple of days ago when I couldn't play anything, Everything is fine if I use Napster via the app.

Any ideas
Hello guys, Ive been experiencing these same frustrating Napster "unable to browse music" problems. Whats up?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Gadget99 and hardimankeith,

These issues are likely unrelated to the outage but I'd like to see diagnostic reports from your systems. Please send in reports and reply with the confirmation numbers.
Hi, I thought I would try to browse playlists one more time before I sent a report and guess what it only works now, don't know what's happened I'm just glad it's working.
Jeff, Ive just checked mine too and all is OK. Its strange that i could play Napster on any device (iPhone, iPad) via the Napster app, but when trying to access Napster through Sonos the previous problem occurred. cheers