Resolved February 3, 2016 Spotify: There are temporary technical issues with this service.

• 3 February 2016
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Spotify on Sonos is currently experiencing a global outage. We are working with our partner on resolving ASAP. We will let you know once resolved.

User attempting to use the service are experiencing the following: Playback Failure – Playback does not start at all.

We are happy to announce that the Spotify outage is now resolved.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Thanks for posting Max, useful to know.
If it plays 10 sec of songs and quits playing? is the problem then fixed?
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
The outage was playback failure. Meaning the songs wouldn't start playing. In this case, it sounds like a sync issue. We'd be happy to check your system. Can you send us a diagnostic and reply with the confirmation number? Here's an article explaining how: How to Submit Diagnostic
The outage was playback failure. Meaning the songs wouldn't start playing. In this case, it sounds like a sync issue. We'd be happy to check your system. Can you send us a diagnostic and reply with the confirmation number? Here's an article explaining how: How to Submit Diagnostic

Send it. Now it seem to work fine. 5432670
Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Send it. Now it seem to work fine. 5432670

Checked your diagnostic found a couple sync issues between your system and Spotify but everything should be fine now.
Let's keep an eye on it. And if the problem comes back, remove and re-add your Spotify account.
Hey Max, we've been having pretty consistent trouble with our Sonos mobile app connecting to Spotify. Everything works much smoother when using the desktop app. But we keep getting "error 1001" when trying to play spotify via our phones. I just sent Diagnostics (via the desktop app - not sure if it makes a difference). Confirmation # 5434445. Think you could look into it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hey Max, we've been having pretty consistent trouble with our Sonos mobile app connecting to Spotify. Everything works much smoother when using the desktop app. But we keep getting "error 1001" when trying to play spotify via our phones. I just sent Diagnostics (via the desktop app - not sure if it makes a difference). Confirmation # 5434445. Think you could look into it?

Hi, looking over that diagnostic it seems your Spotify is unrelated to this outage, but it looks to be coming from an immense amount of wireless interference hitting your BRIDGE. I'd recommend starting with changing the wireless channel on your system to channel 1 as there's a lot on channel 11 in the area. Channel 6 might work well too. Spotify requires a really stable local environment. If you're still having trouble on the new channel, it'd be good to give us a call and have a technician take a closer look at the system there. You can find our contact information here.
Thank you sir. I just switched to Channel 1, we'll see if that does the trick.
Hi, looking over that diagnostic it seems your Spotify is unrelated to this outage, but it looks to be coming from an immense amount of wireless interference hitting your BRIDGE. I'd recommend starting with changing the wireless channel on your system to channel 1 as there's a lot on channel 11 in the area. Channel 6 might work well too. Spotify requires a really stable local environment. If you're still having trouble on the new channel, it'd be good to give us a call and have a technician take a closer look at the system there. You can find our contact information here.

I've switched to channel 1 but am still having the same issue with Spotify. Google Music, Amazon Prime both working fine. Any additional insight you could provide? It says "the connection to spotify is lost".
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I've switched to channel 1 but am still having the same issue with Spotify. Google Music, Amazon Prime both working fine. Any additional insight you could provide? It says "the connection to spotify is lost".

Mind sending one more diagnostic? We'll take a look for you.

Sure thing. Confirmation # 5437656.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Sure thing. Confirmation # 5437656.

Thanks, the wireless looks a lot better, but unfortunately there are still a lot of DNS errors on there. I'd suggest rebooting your router followed by all of your Sonos devices. You can just unplug the power for 10-15 seconds before plugging it back in. Once the players are back up, they should reconnect automatically.

If you're still having trouble, it'd be best to give us a call and work with a technician live.