Answered

Outage - Amazon Music unable to play "Requested operation failed" - Oct 13th

• 13 October 2016
  • 19 replies

Userlevel 2
Napster streaming service is working fine but Amazon is not.

I re-authorised Amazon Music. (BTW, I used to get and Amazon Prime stream: I assume this has now been replaced with Amazon Music. I am an Amazon Prime member.)

There is an earlier thread for this error from 22nd Sept but it was apparently resolved.

Amazon Prime is playing file through my Amazon Echo.

Any suggestions would be welcome.
icon

Best answer by Max P 14 October 2016, 15:43

Hi Everyone,

Like many of you are already aware. Amazon Music on Sonos is restored and working.

It's possible you may still experience some album art not displaying in all controllers. We're looking into this as we speak.

Thanks.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

19 replies

I have same issue, only recently happened. I am not Prime member. Message "request failed" when selecting album or track. Have re authorised account, even removed it and re added it to no avail. Amazon Music plays OK through the Amazon Music App on either iPhone or iPad or even iPod, but not via Sonos.
AMAZON PRIME no longer working, just repeatedly fails with the helpful message of "requested operation failed, Please try again."

obviously trying again over and over is NOT why I pay for amazon prime. I am a prime member but I lack the patience when things do not work. Fix it please.
And me. Please fix this.
Badge
I noticed that this failed yesterday also (12 Oct)
I have the same issue since the icon has changed, other services work fine.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hey guys, there's currently an issue with playing Amazon Music on Sonos. The outage started a little while ago and we're working with Amazon to resolve the issue right now. You may be unable to browse the service or start playing tracks.

We'll let you guys know when it's back up.

This thread has been modified to be the main thread for the outage.
Same here. Can't browse music in Amazon Music
Me too. Was working this morning but nothing since.
I don't where others reporting this live, but I'm in the UK and notice than when I try to reauthorise the account I am directed to amazon.com rather than amazon.co.uk. My prime account is with amazon.co.uk so I suspect this is the root of the issue. Similar problems have surfaced with week with amazon integrating other services. For example, IFTTT won't work with Amazon Echo in the U.K. for this reason.
Me too, ever since the icon changed. I'm in the UK. Hope they get it sorted soon.....
Good spot about the amazon.com link. I'm in the UK. Looks like a good possible culprit
Badge
In the UK - same here - not worked since the little icon went blue
Another UK user in the same boat since Amazon updated their app and the icon went blue!
Likewise
Thank you - working again 🙂
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi Everyone,

Like many of you are already aware. Amazon Music on Sonos is restored and working.

It's possible you may still experience some album art not displaying in all controllers. We're looking into this as we speak.

Thanks.
Yep works here now. Thanks!!!!
Not working for me. I've reauthorised, removed the service and added it again, nothing working.. Please fix this 😞
Not working for me. I've reauthorised, removed the service and added it again, nothing working.. Please fix this :(

Nevermind - I got it working again by removing the service, clearing the queue, killing the sonos app, then starting again!