Would like to stream live shows from Relisten.com

I just started to listen to great live shows from over 70 acts on this free app in the Apple App Store. I remember that quite a few years ago I suggested you add the ConcertVault service to Sonos and you did it! You should check out Relisten and add it to the Sonos services. Pretty impressive.

8 replies

Badge
Yes, wholeheartedly agree!
Sonos doesn't add services, they add themselves by joining the Sonos Music Partners program and utilizing the API:

http://musicpartners.sonos.com/?q=node/21
Is there no 3rd party apps which could stream that output into a sonos as an upnp media source? Preferably on the iphone.
Sonos needs to allow access to relisten, or archivist, or the professor pod casts. It must happen
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hausmann wrote:

Sonos needs to allow access to relisten, or archivist, or the professor pod casts. It must happen

No, No, no they don't.

Those services need to add themselves.
Thx Stuart. You must work for sonos. Isn't it in the interest of sonos business model to contact content providers? Maybe you could pass along that concept
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hausmann wrote:

Thx Stuart. You must work for sonos. Isn't it in the interest of sonos business model to contact content providers? Maybe you could pass along that concept

No I don't. But, yes, it is in Sonos' interests to have as many music services as possible to encourage as many new customers as possible. This is why they create different the Music Partners program to allow music services to integrate their service within Sonos. I don't further doubt that Sonos have in the past and will in the future reach out to potential music sources pro-actively if they feel their inclusion will enhance Sonos. One might expect this for globally known sources. Relisten, however, would not, afaik, be considered a globally well known music source. Furthermore, you stated that Sonos "need to allow access" but Sonos does not block any service from entry into Sonos and self-evidently those services need to actually want to become part of Sonos. In order to do so, though there is no fee, it obviously isn't without cost as resources need to be given to enable the relevant IT work to be completed. Therefore the customers of the requested music services need to make THAT service know that this is something they would want AND drive increased sales.

So whether or not you think I'm being helpful or not if you really do want this go tell Relisten as the return on your effort will be much greater that way.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
What is relisten?

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)