Question

Update 8.2.1

• 22 November 2017
  • 11 replies

Whenever I click to update I am taken to the App Store to update. All the App Store allows to do is open the app again and nothing gets updated. Very frustrating.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
This happened on the previous update. There seems to be some delay by Apple in getting the App into the store so you end up in this loop.

Hopefully Sonos are explaining to Apple with a plank of wood (rusty nail in the end) just how dis-chuffed they are.

The same happened to me last night but updated ok a couple of hours ago. So I guess the various app stores globally are also out of sync.
Badge +1
Whenever I click to update I am taken to the App Store to update. All the App Store allows to do is open the app again and nothing gets updated. Very frustrating.

Same Here. And all the Surround settings are gone. When i play music, only my Playbar is working. 😞
Delete the app and reinstall from the App store.
Thanks, I have just deleted the app and reinstalled, all good now.
Badge +1
Did not work for me yesterday. The surround settings was missing after reinstalling the controller App. See , if I can figure out something today 😕
Badge
Thanks Kumer - I had only just managed to restore my system following the last fiasco and was EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED to find I was in the endless loop/cycle of 'Install; update now.........'. Al good now thanks.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
It’s worth noting that not all countries’ Apple stores update apps simultaneously. As a user of the Canada, US and Brasil stores I’m well acquainted with this problem.
I bought 2 Sonos ones today and I seem to be in the loop of app asking for update and taking me to the AppStore where it only has the version I have installed already. 3.1. Apparently. I have deleted 4-5 times and reinstalled. Still the same problem. Any ideas anyone?
First, what device are you trying to update? What OS is running on it?

Second, I'm confused by your contention of a version number 3.1, as the current version of the app is 8.3.1.

Third, is there a possibility that it's asking you to update your speakers, and not the app itself? Go in to settings and select Online Updates, and see if it updates the software on the speakers.
Apologies, I am on an Iphone X running IOS 11.2.5. Sonos App version is 8.3.1. The message on the screen is "Sonos app needs updating" Tap the button below and get the latest update for your Sonos Controller.
Thanks for the extra detail.

And yes, that's odd. I think I'd recommend that you delete the app from the phone completely, then do a hard reboot (power off, wait 30 seconds, then turn it back on ) and try downloading the app again.

But you're certainly right. If you're on 8.3.1, there shouldn't be an update available.

Now, there's no guaranty that will work, although I think it will.....but if it doesn't, I'd recommend that you call Sonos to discuss it.