Remember me in login does not work

• 19 January 2018
  • 30 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12
The Remember me option when logging in the community does not work...
Every day I have to log in again.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, camillo777. Thanks for the heads up. Is it possible that your browser clears it's cookies every time you exit?

I have "Remember Me" checked and it saves my email but not my password. I still have to type that in.
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
Same here - Remember Me used to work for me but stopped working a couple of months ago.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Hello there, camillo777. Thanks for the heads up. Is it possible that your browser clears it's cookies every time you exit?

I have "Remember Me" checked and it saves my email but not my password. I still have to type that in.

Hi Keith,
It does not clear cookies because for example on other sites I use "discuss" and I am always logged in.
The good is that Chrome saves users and passwords so I do not have to type them in every time, but the "remember me" option today is useless for me.

I am on samsung galaxy s8+, android 7.1.1, latest chrome.
Userlevel 7
Badge +15
Same here. Been like that for months. Stops me posting most of the time. And the auto fill in of an email with asterisks in. What's that about?
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
I’m on an iPad running iOS 11.2.2 and Safari, and I haven’t changed cookie settings.
This stopped working when Sonos changed the forums. I asked about it months ago, but no further info from Sonos
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
It only stopped working for me a couple of months ago.
About 10 months ago for me...
https://en.community.sonos.com/new-community-feedback-229090/logging-out-6765632
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Thanks for sounding off about this, everyone. We are working with our partner to get this resolved. Thanks again for your patience on this.
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
Login page now seems to think I’m in Poland when I’m actually in the U.K.
Userlevel 7
Badge +15
Yup, good isn't it... :(
Twój Sonos jest już skonfigurowany, a Ty nie masz hasła? Click here to access your account
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Thanks for sounding off about this, everyone. We are working with our partner to get this resolved. Thanks again for your patience on this.

This is still like it was... not working... any news?
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
Some feedback would be useful.
Userlevel 7
Badge +15
Feedback lol.
Userlevel 5
Thanks for keeping us on our toes, folks! We've bumped our partner for an update and a resolution. :)
As soon as we have any information we will of course get back to you.

All the best,
Ditte
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
Thanks for the reply.
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
Thanks for keeping us on our toes, folks! We've bumped our partner for an update and a resolution. :)
As soon as we have any information we will of course get back to you.

All the best,
Ditte

So how's that working out, 4 weeks down the line?
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Sonos please! This issue is getting worse. I even get logged out if my phone goes to lock screen now, or if I navigate away from the page for a few minutes. Worse is that I have to physically force Face ID by clicking the password field and choosing the auto populate action. Very annoying.
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
Over 2 months and counting...Sonos needs to kick their "partner" up the backside.
Userlevel 7
Badge +15
Sonos seem to be pissing off so many users on so many fronts you'd struggle to do it more if you tried.
Userlevel 7
Badge +16
I have to log in every session as well, not the best..
Userlevel 5
Hi all,
Sorry for talking a long time to get back to you on this. We're still investigating what's going on with the "remember me" feature, as we're also getting some reports that it works fine for some, and not at all for others.
In an effort to get to the bottom of this, could you list your device and browser, please? Also if it works fine for you. :)

Thanks in advance,
Ditte
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
'Remember Me' doesn't work for me of any of these devices:
iPad Air 2 iOS 11.3 Safari
MacBook Air macOS 10.13.4
iPhone X iOS 11.3 Safari
Userlevel 5
Hi folks,

I've got an answer to you all regarding "remember me" when logging in through the Single Sign On. We asked internally to understand how the feature is supposed to be working, and got the following answer back:

" "Remember me" is only for remembering the email, and nothing else. It doesn't keep the user logged in or auto log the user in. This is a shared feature of the entire login mechanism."
So, long story short, it's not supposed to auto-login, and InSided can't force that due to data security.
If you do experience a smooth auto login, it's most likely a browser feature or setting.

All the best,
Ditte
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
Er, but it doesn't remember the email address. That's the point.