Netherlands and France forum gone

• 25 February 2017
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I note from the main forum list that the Netherlands and France sub-forums are no longer shown.
What has happened to them?

I speak reasonable French and sometimes like to help on that forum. Does Sonos not think English speakers can converse in more than 1 language?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18
They have their own URL: hier and ici.
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
Does Sonos not think English speakers can converse in more than 1 language?
Maybe it does, but it makes using multiple communities very hard as you're continuously forced to re-enter your username and password when changing communities.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
They have their own URL: hier and ici.

What is the point of that?
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
What is the point of that?
Maybe to treat them like they treated the Germans for a long time already.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Not impressed frankly.

If clutter is a concern then create a new section for "Non-English forums"

Sonos - The VAST majority of your sales and customer do NOT have English as a first language and it is also common that those customers speak 2 or 3 languages OTHER than English to a high level.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Except creating a section for "Non-English forums" still has all of the posts in those forums show up in "Active since last visit" and "Recently active topics". Personally, I use "Active since last visit" to catch up on everything, rather than going back and forth through each forum with new posts.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
What I expected to happen is that more Dutch and French posts would appear. This is what I am seeing
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Now we have Sweden and Norway forums in their place.

?
To be honest, I'd rather have all the foreign language forums here in this area as well. Give an opportunity for those of us who speak foreign languages an easier way of poking around in other areas. And frankly, having random non-english posts in the english speaking area doesn't bother me, all I have to do is pull up Google Translate.

Doing that would also alleviate the problem that inSided seems to have about being signed in / out in different boards for those who want to help in other languages.
Badge
I live in the Netherlands and although a native (South African) English speaeker I am fluent in Dutch but reading only the Dutch posts makes one realise that one is fishing in a small pond while the majority of the topics are in the fast flowing river which is the English language community. But wait is that also split into a US site as well? also having stumbled accross into the English language site I cannot see how to get back to the Dutch site. A drop down list of all the alternative sites would be handy. I do appreciate that most people prefr to (or are more comfortable) using their own language site but it is a bit shortsighted of SONOS ( I still love you guys and girls(?) and the wonderful support that you give).to shift people unasked to alanhgauge based forum based on theri email adrress.:?