YouTube Premium Android

Hi - I know the iPhone has airplay. I have an Android. My Music service is YouTube Premium. Would be nice if Sonos could work with YouTube on any way to stream this - it is add free and paid for and all. Either 'cast', or something. Perhaps YouTube needs to open up 'audio only', so would be nice if Sonos tech could contact Youtube about this - explain the usefulness of it.

7 replies

Or some app that splits the audio and video on the phone and then casts it to Sonos, anyone know of such a thing? Sonos would you consider building it? I bet many people would love that. There is so much content on Youtube :0
Integration of YouTube Music is already on Google's road map. I doubt that the video platform YouTube will ever be accessible through Sonos.

YouTube Music crew,

Following the recent YouTube Music launch, we wanted to respond to some of your feedback. Your feedback is hugely important in prioritizing what we work on next, so please keep your ideas and feature requests coming!

Here are some of the requests we expect to land in the next few months, in no particular order:

Better audio quality, and ability to select quality for downloading and streaming
Sonos support
Android auto support
SD card support for Android (rolling out now!)
More obvious shuffle vs. play-in-order options for playlists

We’ve also heard that some of you are eager to transfer music over from Google Play Music - this is also on our roadmap but may take some time. Rest assured that we’re 100% committed to getting this one right!

The above is not an exhaustive list, there are many many things we’re working on, which you can expect to see soon and throughout the rest of the year – so please keep the feedback coming, and know this: no. sleep. till YTM is playing you the right music, at the right moment, right away.

-Lauren, Felicitas, Bri, Brandon, Elias, and the rest of team YTM

https://support.google.com/youtubemusic/thread/197406?hl=en

I really want the ability to play the YouTube audio on my Sonos!! There are sooooo many songs that I can find on YouTube that I cannot find on other audio music sites.
It seems Google have removed Sonos support from that thread...
rbrown wrote:

It seems Google have removed Sonos support from that thread...

Maybe it's in the works. I'm not very fond of YouTube Music anyway.
From all the posts I've been searching on Google forums, it seems they have shelved the idea of adding to Sonos - very strange. I haven't actually tried YouTube music, but most the music I listen to are remixes/covers exclusive to YouTube, so for me this was really important.
rbrown wrote:

From all the posts I've been searching on Google forums, it seems they have shelved the idea of adding to Sonos - very strange. I haven't actually tried YouTube music, but most the music I listen to are remixes/covers exclusive to YouTube, so for me this was really important.

YouTube Music is not identical to the video platform Youtube.

https://music.youtube.com/

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings