Answered

Youtube Music - "Unable to Browse Music"

• 23 February 2021
  • 19 replies

I am a paid youtube music member, and own a SONOS lamp. I have been using SONOS with my youtube music, and it has been fine up until recently. Now when I got to my library I’m met with “Unable to browse music”. Please advise. 

icon

Best answer by Xander P 1 March 2021, 10:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

19 replies

Praise be! It’s fixed. None of the suggested actions, but as @FilGov says it has been solved in the back-end somehow. Let’s hope this remains the case!

Badge

Maybe. Although I only reported and troubleshooted this to/with Sonos. Shrug. Most importantly it's fixed. Hopefully permanently.

That certainly suggests a change on the YouTube side of things, since Sonos has not updated their client, nor does that data ever live on a Sonos owned server.

Badge

It’s suddenly working again.

Badge

Portugal. 

Done: 1431140464.

What is your country?

Note that youTube music does use a different server for the connection to your Sonos speakers, so what you experience using the YouTube app is not exactly the same as your system would be getting from YouTube Music.

If you were to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, it’s possible that one of the Forum Moderators might be able to look in to the issue in the report. 

Badge

Same, though my issue is with a playlist and I'm not a paid subscriber. No recent changes to the network. No double NAT. Can't get in touch with Support Team, e-mails are ignored, chat is unavailable, and there's no phone number nor contact form for my country. The playlist does have 999+ songs, but it works fine on YouTube Music and did so too on Sonos up until now. The main library with more songs works fine on both. Affects other services: 

Badge +17

Has anyone been able to solve this? I am having the same issue with my One SL & am also a paid YouTube Music subscriber.

I can’t seem to edit my last post so I’m submitting another one.

I spoke with Support (extremely helpful by the way) & it looks like the issue could be related to the size of the playlist. The one I’m receiving the error on is over 2,600 items, & the limit (imposed on the Google\YouTube Music side) is 999 items.

For those experiencing the issue, is your playlist over that size? Mine was, but I’m not sure why it seemed to work fine until yesterday. Mine has been over 999 for a while.

It cannot just limit to 999 songs. I am sure that a user would have more than 999 liked songs. Sonos has to do something about it. I am very disappointed with sonos.

@nickybutt85, unfortunately this isn’t something in Sonos’ control. It’s up to the music service provider (in this case YouTube Music) to decide things such as container size, which content is available and the features present in the Sonos implementation. There are many other services on Sonos that have container sizes larger than 999 songs so it’s not like we don’t support that. You’d be better raising these concerns to the team behind YouTube Music as they are the ones that need to make the changes.

Has anyone been able to solve this? I am having the same issue with my One SL & am also a paid YouTube Music subscriber.

I spoke with Support (extremely helpful by the way) & it looks like the issue could be related to the size of the playlist. The one I’m receiving the error on is over 2,600 items, & the limit (imposed on the Google\YouTube Music side) is 999 items.

For those experiencing the issue, is your playlist over that size? Mine was, but I’m not sure why it seemed to work fine until yesterday. Mine has been over 999 for a while.

It cannot just limit to 999 songs. I am sure that a user would have more than 999 liked songs. Sonos has to do something about it. I am very disappointed with sonos.

That could be one possible explanation: my "liked songs" playlist is in the 1900 songs range.

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi everyone, thanks for raising this with the Sonos Community!

I’ve not been able to reproduce this on my own system with YouTube Music, and it looks like you’ve done some troubleshooting steps already.

Have there been any recent changes to the network? This can sometimes happen if mesh networks are in use, due to Double NAT - if you’re using a mesh network in conjunction with an ISP provided router, it may be worth either placing the mesh network in Bridge/AP mode, or the ISP router in to Modem Mode.

Otherwise I’d recommend getting in touch with the Support Team via either live chat or phone call, as they have more tools available for investigation :)

Badge +1

Guys same here and about to post a question…

I had all my music uploaded in to Google Play and would listen to it via the Sony Bravia TV and my Sosos home entertainment system associated.

Since all Google Play users were forced to move to You Tube Music about 2 months ago the service is less than worthless. None of my uploaded music is listed \ detected nothing plays.

There is a similar company out there iBroacast but right now they don't have an App compatible with the Bravia….

P

Similar situation, only up until 4-5 days ago this has been happening. Did all of the above + disconnected all my devices + changed DNS on my router as this had been suggested as a possible fix in the past. No change. My main issue is with not being able to pull my favorites playlist. Instead I now get the "unable to browse" message. Very annoying.

Diagnostics #148409434 

Nothing, I am unclear as to what to do. Did all of these things. 

Userlevel 7

Try these:

• Reauthorize YouTube Music in the Sonos app
  • Reset the Sonos app under App Preferences and close and re-open the Sonos app
  • Restart your phone
  • Reboot your router

Unfortunately it didn’t work!

Userlevel 7

Try removing YouTube Music from your music services in the Sonos app and re-adding it.