YouTube Music showing as unavailable.

I've been having an issue with YouTube Music (YTM) for a while now. Ever since about 5-6 weeks ago, I've been unable to access YTM directly through the Sonos app or tell my Golgle Assistant devices (phone, tablet, Nest Home Hub Max, Sonos One) to play YTM on my Sonos speakers. It works fine on my Assidtsmt devices, even my JBL speakers. Just not Sonos. I've tried using the Somos app on my Android devices, iPhone, and PC program. It's always showing as unavailable.

My Sonos speakers and app are fully updated, YTM has been removed from Sonos and added multiple times, I tried resetting my entire Sonos setup... Other people aren't having issues. What is going on with YTM and my Sonos speakers? I tried giving it some time thinking it was a glitch that would eventually be fixed. I know there's things going on but it's been more than a month.

I've contacted both Sonos and Google support but haven't heard back, that was a couple of weeks ago.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

I can't edit my party but I ran a diagnostic test and this waxed the resulting number: 886046887

I am having the same issue when asking google assistant to play music I get YouTube music is not available. If I connect google play instead the speaker works correctly. Since google play music is going away at some point I would like to know how to fix this. Diagnostics 1259629286 was sent. 

I was finally able to get YTM to work through the Sonos app. But I still couldn’t get the Google Assistant, on a Sonos One, to work with YTM. The Google Assistant on my Android devices and Nest smart speakers could pipe YTM to my Sonos speakers just fine.

It was all for naught anyways as Spotify removed their 10,000 song library cap so I just switched to that and switched my Sonos One back to Alexa. Spotify works fine with both Alexa and the Google Assistant (even Siri), Spotify Connect is better than what’s in GPM and YTM (nothing in the later), and I can access my music on every device I have without issues. YTM is still a buggy service that isn’t ready for prime time and I have a feeling it won’t be ready by the time Google turns off GPM later this year.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @P_Devil, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Regarding your concern about adding the Google Assistant on your Sonos One, I’d like to ask if have you tried to add it to the Sonos App? 

Using the Sonos app for iOS or Android:

1. From the Settings tab, tap Services & Voice.
  2. Under Voice, tap Add a Service and choose the voice assistant you'd like to set up.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Read all msg on this thread. Sonos app clearly having some problems. I have added my YouTube music premium account to Sonos app, but can't play from this account using Google assistant controls. Pls fix the bug ASAP! JBL is so much cheaper than Sonos and has no problems with this.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @S.lin, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming from. Regarding this issue. I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  So we can check what could be causing this issue for the Youtube premium not working with Google Assistant.

1073076260 diagnostics report number. I have basically installed and uninstalled YouTube music several times and authorised the Sonos app to synch to this account successfully. However when I request for playlists that my Google nest mini can easily access, Sonos keeps saying YouTube music unavailable or can't find what you're looking for

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @S.lin, thanks for the update. I appreciate you taking the time to submit the diagnostic report. Regarding this issue. Upon checking on the diagnostic report. It shows all is good with the youtube Premium on the Sonos App. Have you tried to remove and readd the music service? Have you tried another it on another controller or device to check if the issue still persists? Is it only happening on Youtube premium, or do you have another music service where this issue is happening?

I have removed it several times and added back.  It seems whenever i add it back to the Sonos app, and re-authenticate the youtube music app with Sonos app it works, then when I leave the house and come back, it doesn’t work again.  I will then have to do the process all over again.  My youtube music app works with all other smart speakers including google nest mini and JBL smart speakers.  Can I get a full refund if i am not satisfied since the product is not working as advertised?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @S.lin,  thanks for the update. I apologize and I understand where you're coming from. Regarding your concern, for your concern about refunds. You may coordinate and call our Sales Team to discuss the matter. 

Simon B

I have done everything you’ve suggested and I still have the same problem as other users. I submitted my diagnostic test as well.

Can you help resolve it, as I don’t want a refund, I just want it to work

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @SandySO, thanks for reaching out. Sorry to know that you have the same issue with your Youtube Music on Sonos, after you sent a diagnostic report. Kindly take note of the diagnostic number and you may reply on this thread with the confirmation number so that we can check the current status of your Sonos system. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.