Answered

YouTube Music Only Displays Playlists Option

• 15 February 2021
  • 5 replies

In both the Android app and the Windows desktop app, when selecting the YouTube Music Service, it only lists ‘Playlists’ in the Menu. There is no ‘Songs’, ‘Albums’ ‘Artists’ etc

However I can use the search facility which brings up some but not all of my YouTube Music content.

I have a free YouTube Music account, however I’m sure these things were working properly last time I checked.

Anyone else have this issue or know how to resolve it?

Many Thanks.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 15 February 2021, 02:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Try:

1. Reauthorizing your YouTube Music account in the Sonos app under Services & Voice.
  2. Removing YouTube Music from your music services in the Sonos app and re-adding it.
  3. Resetting the Sonos app under App Preferences and closing and re-opening the app.

Hi. Many thanks for the reply.

Yes, I tried all of those things before asking the question. No luck unfortunately.

Cheers.    John

Userlevel 7

Many users have complained about problems with YouTube Music. Perhaps this thread can be useful: 

Ok. Will take a look. Cheers :-)

For anyone else interested: I could not get this bug sorted but having read the thread mentioned above in the previous post, I tried using iBroadcast and it is better in every way for my needs. I was only using the free version of YouTube Music for playing my uploaded files. iBroadcast does this better. It is free for streaming at 128 and higher streaming quality is also available free in Beta at the moment although they will charge in the future. Works very well with Sonos....and Alexa!

Goodbye YouTube Music!