Answered

YouTube Music Not Available in Music Services

• 24 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi,

Today I was fiddling with the Sonos S2 app, and I did not see YouTube Music in the list of music services.

I am located in Europe, and I have a YouTube Music Premium subscription.

Any idea what the issue might be?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 24 February 2022, 18:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

What country do you live in? Have you set the location in your account profile on the Sonos website?

Thank you for the suggestion. It looks like setting the location in my profile helped.

But the change did not take place immediately. I set it yesterday, it did not work right away, but YTM appeared on the list today morning.

I am just wondering why the app would check my profile. It should check which apps are installed on my phone and add YTM to the list.

Anyway, it works now. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I am just wondering why the app would check my profile. It should check which apps are installed on my phone and add YTM to the list.

For one, on iOS it is not possible for apps to see what other apps are installed. For another, which music services are available depends on geographic location.