Youtube Music in Sonos App, no selections available

• 13 October 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a youtube music premium account and have added it to the sonos s2 app but when I go to youtube music all I see is “No selections are available”

How can I play music from youtube music on my sonos?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7

Try deleting and re-installing the Sonos app and rebooting your router and phone. You might also try re-authorizing the account in the Sonos app.

Userlevel 1

Thx this was a fresh install on a new sonos and I am getting this problem.  I need to redo all of this again?

Userlevel 7

No, you are just deleting and re-installing the Sonos app and rebooting your phone and router, not starting from scratch.

Do you have problems with any other music services?

Userlevel 1

no problems with pocket casts and spotify.  Tried your suggestion but still the same.

Userlevel 7

Try removing and re-adding YouTube Music in the Sonos app.

Are you using a Brand Account with YouTube Music or your personal Google account? Brand Accounts don’t work on Sonos.

Same problem here. Other services work (Amazon) but YT doesn’t. Uninstalled app, reauthorized YT account (several times and from different phones), contacted Sonos support, they told me to add Google address to my router (DNS changes), escalated and still waiting. Contacted YT customer support and they were also unable to help. Anything someone may be able to suggest? Many thanks in advance

Same Issue

“No selections are available” while using YouTubeMusic

Using :  personal Google account

Tried :  Reauthorizing Youtube Music account 

Seems like this is a problem for few and still there is no proper-solution. Can someone take a look into this and suggest/fix your software. 

Badge

Same issue here.

Tried everything described here. I don’t know if it’s Google or Sonos fault. What I know is that with the former play music service I never had this problem and now once in a while I loose it...and I have no clue when it’s going back…

It’s unacceptable so many people have this problem and nobody seems to care to solve it...Sonos isn’t the cheapest speakers...I was about to by 3 new speakers this Christmas...guess what now

Same issue here.

Tried everything described here. I don’t know if it’s Google or Sonos fault. What I know is that with the former play music service I never had this problem and now once in a while I loose it...and I have no clue when it’s going back…

It’s unacceptable so many people have this problem and nobody seems to care to solve it...Sonos isn’t the cheapest speakers...I was about to by 3 new speakers this Christmas...guess what now

I just use the YTM ‘free version’ and can see all the music I’ve uploaded to the Google Music Servers… via the Sonos App, maybe see if uploading some tracks to their servers, perhaps brings it back online for you.