Answered

YouTube Music

• 15 October 2021
  • 2 replies

I have had a Sonos Arc for about three or four months now.  I have attempted multiple times and with different app updates to link YouTube Music with my arc.  I follow the steps carefully, and enter my code each time.  When I get to the final Google page, it says,

“Success!  Device connected” Under that, it displays my google account gmail address.  Then it instructs me to continue to your device.  When I switch back to the Sonos app, the app says 

“Connection Error
There was a problem adding the YouTube Music account.  A connection to YouTube Music could not be made.”

My only option is to click “done”.  

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app.  There isn't a way to add the service on the Sonos website, so I'm unsure how to proceed from here.  I have been waiting quite a while for this service.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 15 October 2021, 23:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Are you using a brand account or a personal Google account? You might try attempting to add YouTube Music from another mobile device or using the Sonos desktop controller on a computer. You might also try changing your YouTube Music password and rebooting your router and phone.

Thank you!  This worked perfectly on the desktop controller app.

- I am using a personal google account

- I attempted rebooting phone and router and ISP modem.

This may be an issue with my Samsung Galaxy S20 FE, the chrome browser therein, or the Sonos S2 app or a combination of all 3.

Thank you for pointing me to the desktop controller app.  This should be listed as a workaround.